Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes.

I guess it's a good thing your kids weren't in proximity to me to pester about missing swim goggles.

In my state of easy irritability they would have been informed that as soon as the missing goggles were located it would be time to test them and make sure they still worked properly by subjecting them to a full hours test at the most convenient outdoor location.

The ones complaining about the missing equipment would be the ones to do the actual testing.

GE[r]M

Around here there is a New Year's tradition of taking a quick dip in the Atlantic ocean.

I'm just sayin'....

The Auld Grump  - yes, I have, but not for rather a long time. *EDIT* Huh, I haven't done the New Year's swim in this century....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Around here there is a New Year's tradition of taking a quick dip in the Atlantic ocean.

I'm just sayin'....

The Auld Grump  - yes, I have, but not for rather a long time. *EDIT* Huh, I haven't done the New Year's swim in this century....

While I am, technically, sitting in an office that is within a quarter mile, or less, of the harbor, and by extension, the Atlantic Ocean, I think I'm gonna have to pass. :zombie:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I missed some very exciting drama at work on Saturday - three people walking out, one of them an assistant manager, and no two in the same hour. But each during a rush.

Strange thing is that now that those three have walked off, the regular drama at work seems a lot lower, and rushes seem to be going more smoothly....

The Auld Grump - two of them, including the assistant manager, have tried to get their jobs back, and been told 'No'.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

While I am, technically, sitting in an office that is within a quarter mile, or less, of the harbor, and by extension, the Atlantic Ocean, I think I'm gonna have to pass. :zombie:

Hey! I'm pretty sure that Boston is where the tradition started!

(And where I first took the dip on New Years - at the L Street Baths @ 1968.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Roulade is in the oven!

Jacket Potatoes and a salade and some Avocado as sidedish.

Chocolate cheesecake and Creme Brulee as dessert.

• Like 9

Very unmotivated to move around at all. But... resolved to paint more.... so... time to get dressed, get some vitamins down me gullet, and pick up some paint.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

They might actually be willing to try that...  On the west coast, of course.  People do a polar plunge in Vancouver/Seattle too.  Given how cold the water is in summer I'm disinclined to participate.  ::P:

Today I get to see how my first gnome rhinoplasty turned out.  I almost feel bad prepping three new minis with the number I have almost finished, so I might have to paint.  ::D:

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

They might actually be willing to try that...  On the west coast, of course.  People do a polar plunge in Vancouver/Seattle too.  Given how cold the water is in summer I'm disinclined to participate.  ::P:

Today I get to see how my first gnome rhinoplasty turned out.  I almost feel bad prepping three new minis with the number I have almost finished, so I might have to paint.  ::D:

The existence of winter notwithstanding, I have, on more than one occasion, pointed out to West Coast friends that our little slice of the North Atlantic can actually be downright pleasant to swim in for 2-3 months of the year. A feature not shared with the San Francisco Pacific coast. :poke:

• Like 6

So looking forward to tonight's D&D game! We had to skip last week due to Christmas Eve & such (store closed early that day). The store is staying open past midnight but alas I will not ring in the new year with them as I've got work pretty much right after we get done (around 10:30 or so).

No worries, NYD is time & half for me. I am thou debating do I watch the Ducks in the bowl game or so I take a short nap before the game tonight. hmmmmmm

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

The existence of winter notwithstanding, I have, on more than one occasion, pointed out to West Coast friends that our little slice of the North Atlantic can actually be downright pleasant to swim in for 2-3 months of the year. A feature not shared with the San Francisco Pacific coast. :poke:

When I was 19, a treacherously cute little blonde talked me into doing the Polar Bear Plunge. 5 minutes in Lake Michigan in Chicago on New Year's Day. Never again!

• Haha 14

On 12/30/2018 at 4:21 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

One of my players is going to the Patriots vs. Jets game tonight.... including a pregame field pass.

He was... rather happy about that.

The Auld Grump - the last time I went to a Patriots game it was the Patriots vs. the Red Sox... playing basketball. The high point (for me) was when Steve Grogan tucked the basketball under his arm, and took about three steps before starting to laugh. Even the ref was laughing while trying to blow the whistle. The Red Sox weren't any good - but the Patriots were terrible! (It was for the Heart Association. I honestly don't think winning was all that important to either team.)

In spite of being in New England, and having lived here almost his entire life, said gamer went to the game wearing a Jets cap... ... ... The Jets lost - 3 to 38.... ::D:

Saying that he has been getting a bit of razzing is a slight understatement. ::P:

The Auld Grump - in his defense, he was born in New York. (Me, I am Boston born and bred, strong in the arm, thick in the head....)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

/:zombie:/

I'm vertical, well maybe not exactly vertical but more upright than horizontal.

Lungs have been trying to strangle me with phlegm.

Was supposed to spend New Years Eve with dinner out and then dominoes with friends, something we have done most every year this century.  Not going out, don't feel up to it and don't want to risk spreading this to anybody else.  So wife is getting Lasagna Dinners from our favorite Italian Restaurant in the valley.

If anybody is watching the Rose Parade tomorrow, our Odd Fellows and Rebekahs Float will be in the last third of the parade.  It's a Circus Calliope in a park setting to commemorate  the beginning of the 200th year celebration of the establishment of our Order in North America.  In addition to our float we will have 50 members walking as auxiliaries for the first time.

Wife and I haven't prepared or put a single flower on the float this year ::(:, for the first time in many years.

Anyhow, may I take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

May you all have good health, the ability to meet your financial obligations without too much struggle [I won't curse you with a wish for wealth {it often brings too many problems along with the money}], and tranquil familial relations for the coming year.

GEM

still full of germs

• Like 11