Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

44 minutes ago, Unruly said:

You would be correct on both counts. The regulator is defective, which is why I'm trying to replace it. Or at least it's partially defective, as the needle sticks and it leaks air. As a whole the compressor has been out of warranty for close to 2 years.

The thing that's aggravating is that regulators should be a replaceable part. They shouldn't be held in with what I'm assuming is some kind of construction adhesive like Liquid Nails. All I know is it took a ton of force to break even part of it, and it was a translucent yellow color when the tiny bit I broke fell out of the joint.

Sounds like a disposable compressor, where the manufacturer thought the pump would go long before the regulator. Transparent yellow sounds like aged epoxy glue to me.

If you get desperate and simply want to spray, might get a new regulator and put it in line with the old one cranked open to full. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

In a voice mail I swear a guy said his name was Elephant Feet. Like, weird name guy, but elephants do have cute feet.

He's a spy, and that's his code name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
34 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

In a voice mail I swear a guy said his name was Elephant Feet. Like, weird name guy, but elephants do have cute feet.

He's a spy, and that's his code name.

Or a member of a forum somewhere. 

COFFEE!!

Can I say that while it stinks there was no D&D this morning, the fact that I got to sleep in was awesome. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Corsair said:
11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I'm constantly amazed that @Mad Jack is still alive when he tells his stories. 

In fact, it lends credence to the idea that he actually is only a disembodied skull.

Bob from Jim Butcher's Dresden Files?

Actually, the real name of the actor who play's "Bob" is Stanley, and he's my second cousin. But he's become a major elfhead since he got into show business - between the Dresden FilesPlanescape: Torment and The Last Unicorn (seriously - he had like three lines in that one...), his skull has swelled up to the point he thinks he's Johnny-frikkin-Depp or something... :rolleyes: 

Nevermind that there are only a handful of talking skulls in the entertainment business and even fewer talking skull roles in mainstream Hollywood, and that he's cornered the market on them by basically backstabbing and blacklisting the other talking skulls... :devil:

Nobody in the family likes Stanley anymore.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 15

That means...

52 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Can I say that while it stinks there was no D&D this morning, the fact that I got to sleep in was awesome. 

...the Corgis cooperated. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, TGP said:

That means...

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

...the Corgis cooperated. 

They did! :wub::bday:

Realizing that I don't have any spare character record sheets, or a printer. Guess I'll do it on lined paper, then transfer it later. Gotta roll up a thief for wednesday's game. Thinking about doing a swashbuckler. 

• Like 8

Making dinner:

Ajam Pangang

Nasi

Sajoer Boontjes.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Making dinner:

Ajam Pangang

Nasi

Sajoer Boontjes.

Are those the magic words that cause dinner to appear? If so, I said them wrong, and summoned an IKEA catalog. 

I'm making french onion soup. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Are those the magic words that cause dinner to appear? If so, I said them wrong, and summoned an IKEA catalog. 

Careful with that.

IMG_2047.PNG.419c05ec043618e829abc932d8f9e3d9.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

They receive an e-mail via amazon asking "them" a question, my impression is when seeing answers like that is that they think they personally are directly being asked a question, so they answer, even if they don't know- which is sweet- but not helpful.

This. The first time I received one of those emails, it confused me, and I almost answered similarly.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'm making french onion soup. 

These are Indonesian dishes you Barbarian! ::P:

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

These are Indonesian dishes you Barbarian! ::P:

The hamster id now taking @ub3r_n3rd's place?

20170712_hamsterbarbarian_by_bahalana-dbgadfw.thumb.jpg.08428a7af4cc7fe6215f415b83b40b67.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Every new project deserves a new tool.

I got a new blow torch for this one.

Sounds terrifyingly fun :ik_oops:

• Like 4