Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

No, dear. Just no. We are not getting a blowtorch for you to melt cheese with.

Cut out Wally O'Text

I got that from a webcomic, where a fat, happy necromancer used his nudity to distract the heroes. Fat, happy, and doing STRETCHES.
:blink:

And they never realized that he was a disguised lich. (Not one of the bad guys, but getting more info than he was handing out.)

Something Dugan Something? Been gone for a while, and ended with a whimper. I think the cartoonist started hating the comic. ::(:

Brian the Necromancer! I remember Brian. *chortle*

Dominic Deegan, Oracle for Hire. I never got the impression he hated it. The sneaky bugger /did/ end it with a cliffhanger, though! ARGH!

The artist-writer (Michael Terracciano) is now working with another artist (Garth Graham) on Star Power, which is science fiction, and also webcomic.

Can't remember if I linked it ever or not...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

So who gets to be Commodore when you acquire a second more commodious vessel?

GEM

Whoever causes the flotilla to be less rank shall go up in it!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Orson Welles did a radio series with Harry Lime as the pivotal character.  Very entertaining radio theater, which sort of goes without saying for an O.W. production.

The intro is the sound of a revolver being fired with just a little bit of echo and a voiceover "That was the sound of the shots that killed Harry Lime, but there were many adventures...." and my brain just blew a fuse and I can't remember the rest.

Archive .org has them here:

https://archive.org/details/TheLivesOfHarryLime

GEM

@PaganMegan reminded me of these so I looked them up.

Have been listening to these and I had forgotten what a Masters Class in Skullduggery including the Art of the Double Cross as well as numerous forms of grift these radio dramas are.

Film Noir for the Ears. ::):

GEM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Which version/artist?

GEM

Simone.

27 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Brian the Necromancer! I remember Brian. *chortle*

Dominic Deegan, Oracle for Hire. I never got the impression he hated it. The sneaky bugger /did/ end it with a cliffhanger, though! ARGH!

The artist-writer (Michael Terracciano) is now working with another artist (Garth Graham) on Star Power, which is science fiction, and also webcomic.

Can't remember if I linked it ever or not...

28 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Dominic Deegan? I remember a cheerful necromancer in that,  but stopped reading long ago, don't remember what happened to him.

That's it!

Maybe the cartoonist didn't hate it, but he sure did start filling it with suck. You know what will be GREAT? Killing off all the favorite characters! :grr:

So, maybe he didn't start to HATE it, but I sure did!

I LIKED Brian!

9 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

@PaganMegan reminded me of these so I looked them up.

Have been listening to these and I had forgotten what a Masters Class in Skullduggery including the Art of the Double Cross as well as numerous forms of grift these radio dramas are.

Film Noir for the Ears. ::):

GEM

Better and better!

Probably a better inspiration than movies or TV, like RPGs it is an audio medium.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In case someone can't guess, the party is split AGAIN and I am not in the part that is playing.

There is something wrong with the barbarian being in the sneaky half of the party. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Simone.

This version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2EtrE4EUQ

by Judy Collins was the first one I ever heard.

Very incongruous to hear Sweet Judy Blue Eyes singing such a dark lyric.

GEM

I am also partial to the version by Steeleye Span

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

This version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2EtrE4EUQ

by Judy Collins was the first one I ever heard.

Very incongruous to hear Sweet Judy Blue Eyes singing such a dark lyric.

GEM

I am also partial to the version by Steeleye Span

Grump KNOWS Judy Collins!

He babysat her girl for a concert!

Folkies, like Punks, all know each other. <_<

The first I heard was in Rogues Gallery

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhei42x5k4

Still the one I think of.

Until Grump I don't think I ever heard of Collins.

And Rogues Gallery is his too.

Before we started dating I stole his iPod for a while.

Some was great, and some is Thuvian throat singing. :wow: WHY!

Grump gave us the five minute warning.

Time to wander a seedy port city, looking for clues.

What can POSSIBLY go wrong?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

If I remember properly, from a long ago Julia Child's appearance... Onion soup.

The Auld Grump - the scary thing is when I was looking for the video on YouTube, I only got as far as Julia Child B - and Blowtorch popped up as the top selection.... ::D: And how many blowtorch selections there were for her.... :blink: She also used the blowtorch on hamburgers....

I saw Julia Child and Vincent Price together in Cambridge - in a cafe, talking about PBS funding and food. The images did not prepare me for how very tall she was - she and Vincent Price were nearly the same height - and he was over six feet tall.

The Auld Grump

Oh yes, she was *very* tall. So were my great aunts and my paternal grandmother. I think as a child I just thought all old ladies were gigantic.

She was in the OSS in China during the Second World War, you know. It’s where she met her husband Paul.

• Like 8

You know, I am beginning to wonder if perhaps Auld Grump and I were in Cambridge at the same time. I mean, how Auld is he? My parents were active in the Harvard-adjacent bohemian community between 1965-1975. I would have been a tiny underfoot hippie rugrat.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Ugh. My drawing muscles are all out of shape. I hate repedative stress injuries. So lame. 

Anyway, I've started doing drawing exersices to get my muscles back into practice. Mostly lines, a few circles. I will draw again!! :determined anime pose:

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Weird-O said:

I need to make an offering to the Egyptian god of frustration.

Spoiled for people who haven't seen up to episode 67 ("The Hour of the Wolf") of Babylon 5.

Spoiler

Daffy Duck?

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Decided I should spoiler it, just in case.
  • Haha 12

Found out that if I want to replace my airbrush compressor, I'd better be ready to spend some money. I can get a new one of the same model I have for $100, or one that's a slight step up with a cooling fan for $120, but they're the same company and I just found out that they do use epoxy to fix the regulator in place. A comparable tanked compressor from Badger is $200 and Iwata is almost $400. Paasche has one that's largely identical to my current one for about $150, so it's an option. I don't know if they all will have fixed regulators or not, though. In Badger's case I can literally ask the head of the company and get an answer on Facebook, but I don't know how I'd go about asking for Paasche.

• Like 5