Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Only if you share!

Meanwhile, still sick here.  I wonder if my throat would accept chili.  I'm depleting my soup supplies.

If you come to NYC I'll happily share!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

HONGRY! FEED ME!!!

Whoa...that sent shivers and scary flashbacks through me! ::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

And once again, waiting for someone else to do their job so I can do mine.

Oh well, in the mean time I have designed a combo dice box/dice tray.  Does a 5 square inch rolling surface and space for 4 sets of dice (7 die sets) sound big enough for a travel set?

• Like 8

Fun game last night - the rest of the party is from a nearby town.

My character also comes from that town - about a hundred years ago. Sworn to the service of the fey that kidnapped him. (Story Feat - more of a rescue than a kidnapping). Gervaise duBois. Egotistical, conceited, but overall a good person -he knows that he is the hero of this story, and acts accordingly.

His mount speaks Sylvan and is not slowed by woodlands. (And will get more magical over time.)

My character showed up round 2 when the party was being attacked by goblins and a wounded, tortured, diseased owlbear.

Even so, it was a hard fight - and my character now has to worry about disease.

Players were me, Megan (Witch), a woman named Dez (Bard), and another woman named Laurie (Scout). I feel... outnumbered.... Not a lot of frontline combatants. A fifth player will be showing up - no idea what he is playing.

Found out what Andrew and Jamie do for a living - one of those 'I didn't know, but not a surprise' things - they are both schoolteachers - he works for the School Department, and she works for a private school - but not the one that they are sending their kid to.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Players were me, Megan (Witch), a woman named Dez (Bard), and another woman named Laurie (Scout). I feel... outnumbered.... Not a lot of frontline combatants. A fifth player will be showing up - no idea what he is playing.

Sounds kind of like the group I play with -- my oldest spawn as DM, his GF playing wizard/ranger types, my youngest two as rogues .. and me usually going gish heavy armor/healing/arcane to fill in the holes (usually all at once!) . The last one (against Strahd) was a coffeelock (4 warlock with the invocation to not have to sleep, 2 paladin for smites and the rest sorcerer - able to convert sorcery points into infinite 1st and 2nd level spell slots from her pact magic during everyone elses long rests). The one before that was relatively similar class split, but without the infinite combo for Tomb of Annihilation.

Although, for the current campaign - Dragon Heist, I said 'elf it!' and am a rogue/paladin bugbear .. I might lay-on-hands you if I get the time .. Seems we've got myself (pal/rog), Sam (the GF) as a warlock, and a rogue and gunslinger (some sort of middle finger of vecna homebrew thing that they found) from the younger boys.. could be a short campaign with *all* this healing capability floating around..

When we first started playing, Sam was all about being the healer, so I could focus on hitting hard to make up for the random character concepts the boys came up with, but she's since expanded into the same sort of builds and in order for us to have any chance against the stuff Alex (the DM) was sending our way, I had to improvise a bit.. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Whoa...that sent shivers and scary flashbacks through me! ::D:

Some one has found @malefactus plant garden!

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My first thought went to that electrical entity in Doctor Who that eats people's faces with the power of televisions! 

..or however one wants to describe her... :p

My first thought was the classic Doctor Who episode "Paradise Towers", which isn't the episode you're thinking of.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Some one has found @malefactus plant garden!

Not at all - it goes back to my Navy days.  After the 89 Loma Prieta earthquake, I let a shipmate's 8.9 months pregnant wife stay at my apartment for a few days because he was out to sea, their apartment was without power and water, my apartment was only a couple miles from the hospital at Travis AFB, and the only other place she had to go was 50 miles in the other direction.  One night we were sitting there watching TV, when out of the blue she looked at me and said "I want Taco Bell".  I swear her eyes glowed red, her voice was about three octaves lower, and there might have been horns on her shadow.  

Never made a Taco Bell run so fast or eagerly in my life...

• Haha 14

It sounds...

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

And once again, waiting for someone else to do their job so I can do mine.

Oh well, in the mean time I have designed a combo dice box/dice tray.  Does a 5 square inch rolling surface and space for 4 sets of dice (7 die sets) sound big enough for a travel set?

...too small. 

5 square inches is only 2.23 x 2.23 inches.

If you meant the rolling surface is  5 x 5 inches that is a 25 square inch rolling surface. If that ^ is the design ...you would not regret 6x6. 

• Like 5

Update from my car accident from before Christmas: Hooray, I'm getting a new car! :winkthumbs:

i.e. Insurance company says costs of repair are greater than value of vehicle (2008 Honda Fit). This means that though the damage looked superficial, in all likelihood the car frame got bent. :down:

A shame, I really liked my little car... except in winter. Insurance will give me the current market value (which *should* be around $5-6K CAN).

Current prospect is a Toyota 2018 RAV4 hybrid. I always knew my next car would be a hybrid, and living in the North, something with AWD is a must. So this was the only reasonable choice.

• Like 12

Today's date has been nagging at me all day, like I was forgetting something.   Finally realized it was my ex-wife's birthday.  Ah well, 20 years too late isn't that bad, is it? :lol:

44 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Toyota 2018 RAV4 hybrid

How did I miss that Toyota finally has a hybrid version of the RAV4? 

• Haha 8

Cashed in one of my Christmas coupons last night, and had the wife order me a dash cam for the car. Every single day I see something that makes me wish I had video of it. Now I can fulfill that itch. 

When it arrives, I mean, and after I install hers!

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Today's date has been nagging at me all day, like I was forgetting something.   Finally realized it was my ex-wife's birthday.  Ah well, 20 years too late isn't that bad, is it? :lol:

How did I miss that Toyota finally has a hybrid version of the RAV4? 

According to a review of the 2019 Rav4 they will be having a new design hybrid system coming online in about 6 months. KBB online says it's worth waiting for.  At $800 additional to the appropriate trim level it sounds like a pretty good deal.

GEM

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

According to a review of the 2019 Rav4 they will be having a new design hybrid system coming online in about 6 months. KBB online says it's worth waiting for.  At $800 additional to the appropriate trim level it sounds like a pretty good deal.

GEM

Barring unforeseen circumstances, such as an accident totalling our current RAV4, or a significant Lotto win, we're 2 years out from buying another car anyway. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 5