Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I'm a fan of assigned seating, especially as my lovely bride isn't a fan of getting there* early.

Feeling totally unmotivated at work today. Also, it's lunch time, but I'm not really hungry. 

DnD last night was fun though. We fought medium sized elemental dust mites. Their blinding ability meant I spent most of the fight blind, cause I couldn't make a DC10 con save... :rolleyes: 

Tonight? Not sure what I'll be up to tonight. Hopefully bed at a reasonable hour.

*Anywhere

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Third week of my enforced vacation is almost over.

I may finish my very first dragon of proper size. I hope so, I finally splayed my size 4 general purpose brush. I'm finishing it up with my size 3 general purpose brush.

Now I have a size 4 drybrush.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Third week of my enforced vacation is almost over.

I may finish my very first dragon of proper size. I hope so, I finally splayed my size 4 general purpose brush. I'm finishing it up with my size 3 general purpose brush.

Now I have a size 4 drybrush.

Liked for hobbying, dislike for the "vacation". Hopefully, everything can return to "normal" (interpret that anyway you want) again for yah & soon too!!

As I noted in Acquisition thread, last night was Starfinder Society night for me & I've kept everyone up on things for it & after taking last week off cause I didn't feel like sitting a lonely table again, I've debated on shutting it down till after I get back from LVO. I'm gonna try & play in a few session put on by the GMs down there, maybe that would help re-introduce the enthusiasm I had for it but last night. As I was setting up, one of the guys that made a character earlier showed up to finish the character he made. We made everything but buying equipment. Also one of the shop owner told me that he told someone to show up at 7. Game is at 6 so he apologized for the mix-up. I told him, no worries.

Well when he showed up, anther player showed up as well. & these two were really up for the D&D or Pathfinder in this case, in space game. I told them about character generation & explained the world a bit (I need to really read, the history & setting more) & various classes. They loved the idea of the technomancer's spellbook, ie the PDA or whatever tech device the player comes up with.

So now, the enthusiasm for the game has returned. I guess I'll hold off the suspension now. ^_^

(helped too, it was my night off & being my first night off in 7 days too, but next week I return to my regular days off or as regular as I get with my work schedule.)

• Like 8

Need to take a child to a doctor's appointment, but I did manage to get a little bit of the tweaks I was going to do to a mini for a PC in my Savage Tide game.  (Removing the beard from a mini and adding a little greenstuff to fill out the face.)  I may have to break down and actually post some pictures one of these days now that I'm actually getting stuff done.  

I'm still not particularly good with sculpting little tweaks, but I'm working on it.  I've got at least one more planned, if I keep up this pace I may even get to it.  ^_^ 

• Like 9

Well we are supposed to be in the middle of the snow storm hitting the middle of the US tomorrow. At least I got all of my errands run this week, so now I just need to kick an annoying virus and get painting. And kudos to Reaper, I ordered a CAV and when it showed up, an arm was defective. I sent them a pic and 4 days later received a replacement!

• Like 6

No snow here!!! So far any snow we get, melts the next day & even then it's just a dusting.

Heck, it reached 50 today, as well. In the middle of a heat trend. Suppose to get even higher  by the weekend.

Here I was thinking when I go to Vegas next month (less then a month!!) it was gonna be nice as the temps were suppose to be 60s to early 70s.

• Like 5

I've seen a few snowflakes over the last 2 days, but not even enough to qualify as a flurry. 

Dinner consumed. Time to do the dishes. :upside:

• Like 5

Now on Day Two of no heat/hot water, and going to have a third tomorrow - I came home after work yesterday to find out I'd run out of oil for the furnace, and my old man called the oil company today only to be told that they'd be delivering it tomorrow.

Even more annoying that the $300 I had to shell out for the oil was most of my paycheck this week. My job charges twice as much for health insurance if you don't have a yearly physical on file, and even though I got one this week it wasn't early enough to keep them from charging me the higher rate for it...  :zombie:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

I've got all my paint stuff set up in front of me but I cannot will myself to pick up a brush. Headache isn't helping any.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

23 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I've got all my paint stuff set up in front of me but I cannot will myself to pick up a brush. Headache isn't helping any.

Cracks whip! Get to work! 

• Like 5

A package full of delicious coffee.... Has been sitting on a shelf in my city for 2.5 days at CanadaPost....  And they have no idea why.  Sure hope I won't have to buy even more coffee to survive the weekend (already bought some of the "help retail out" stuff we got in, and it's... passable, but not my regular roast!!!), or worse, have to have various packages re-routed because of CanadaPost being silly...

EDIT: Also impatiently awaiting a shipment notice on my resin Dictator B order, hope it won't be too much longer ^_^;;;;

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

Since it is apparently that time of the world that photo storage services act like donkeycaves, as of 8 January 2019 Flickr is no longer offering unlimited free image storage, and has put a 1,000 image cap on their free accounts.

And as of 5 February 2019 they will delete any photos above 1,000 in their free accounts. *Poof!* Gone.

Buzzfeed had an article on how to do a mass download of all your Flickr data.

We have a Pro account, that has unlimited storage - because of these shenanigans, Megan and I are dumping our Pro account like a vat of rancid tofu. The opposite of the desired effect, I do believe. :grr:

First PhotoBucket, then Tumblr, and now this - not as outright horrible as PhotoBucket's stupidity, and not as nearsighted as Tumblr's brain fart, but.... Not behavior we will reward.

The Auld Grump - I guess Imgr is the next stop....

• Like 6
  • Sad 1