Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

31 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Carpet! Freon cans! Man, you really are old! /s

I really hope you get to get back in kit sometime soon man. We were on break from holidays (during which I tweaked my shoulder) so I missed the first fight practice back here in Cleftlands...I know I shouldn't rush it because that can mess ya up more, but I wanna get back in and start slugging. Though I probably should get a proper sword instead of just my mace and pseudo-katana.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Not for probably another 10 years.

Consider your alternatives.  Have you talked to a career counselor or researched careers on your own?  Not a bad idea for anyone who feels stuck.  I bet there are websites out there dedicated to this.

• Like 5

Spoiler, because of language -

20190110.png

Center panel on the bottom... both of those expressions are painfully familiar.... ::D:

*EDIT* The cartoonist's explanation for the final panel -

Jennie Breedon-

I was leaving goats all over the place so I wouldn’t have to go all the way back to town to get more. We came upon a demon petting one of the sleeping goats. I happily tiptoed out.

The Auld Grump - any time she looks like she's not up to anything, she's up to something.... (Pretty sure our daughter will be a chip off of that block.)

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5
  • Haha 9

Uuuuuuuugh.  Trying to prep Eando Kline and it's got this sword that you're supposed to just glue on to him.  But it seems to almost be floating and not stick to him well.  I'm conflicted about whether I should just ditch it.  <_<  My brain isn't up to these decisions right now, dangit!  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

When last we left our heroes, we were preparing to return to the Shadow plane, to rescue members of the original team to enter Cyre on the Day of Mourning.

Me have learned that we can use the orrery to interdict an area, by attuning it to a different plane than the existing field - while our method is not as powerful as the one covering the entire area, once we escape we can close the way to follow us.

The problem is that we don't want to leave the orrery behind.... And... there may be a small chance of overload - steadily increasing, the longer we have it running.

Blacke and Seven will be guarding the orrery while we are in the Shadows - opening it at set times.

We got back some of the lost people the first time - but not including Duncan's character's love interest from the first session - and some of the people we couldn't rescue had been broken down for parts. (Kytons... not nice people.)

Alternately, we could use the orrery to enter the Shadows from some place outside of Cyre, but I like being able to shut the door.

Best would be to find whatever mechanism the Kyton's are using on their side - destroy it (somehow) - and run back to our entry while Black and Seven have it open.

Preventing the Kyton's from getting in.

The Auld Grump - with this game we will be hitting level 10.

• Like 5

Last night, no matter what I did, turned into a migraine day. That's 3 this week. Hopefully, my neuro doc will get insurace straightened out and get me back on the meds I was on. All I have currently are my rescue pills for breakthrough migraines and the other form of the med I'm supposed to be on that insurance will pay for. Also, hopefully, we'll get this sorted all the faster so I can get back to painting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

The Kytons have been breeding their captives.

There are not ten or fifteen - there are around five hundred. :blink:

And this might not be the only encampment.

Thanks, Megan, getting the prisoners back was just looking too easy. ::o:

The Auld Grump - well, she did tell us that a lot of the dead seemed to be missing....

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Last night, no matter what I did, turned into a migraine day. That's 3 this week. Hopefully, my neuro doc will get insurace straightened out and get me back on the meds I was on. All I have currently are my rescue pills for breakthrough migraines and the other form of the med I'm supposed to be on that insurance will pay for. Also, hopefully, we'll get this sorted all the faster so I can get back to painting.

Praying for you

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Several folks here are old enough to REALLY appreciate this but for you youngsters I will back up in history.  Way back in the early days of computers getting into businesses we ran a program called DOS, yes this was before Windows. A friend of mine worked for IBM and they had installed some computers in an office building in Chicago. The next morning they called complaining that all the information was gone! My buddy went and sure enough, it was gone he spent almost all day helping them re-enter this all, checked and went home, everything in good shape. Next morning, it's gone again! back there to do it all over again, and this happens 3 days running. Finally his boss goes along, my buddy is doing everything right, boss is pleased, they leave. Next morning, yup, it's blank. They go back, do it all again and stay around to check everything. As they finish, the lady working there takes the big floppy disc out, puts it up against the file cabinet and sticks it on with a big magnet to hold it in place! This of course, erases the disc and everything on it! After rebooting and entering, they took all her magnets away from her.

DOS

You mean that new fangled "program" to run on those micro-processor thingies?

Where are the Hollerith Cards?

How can you have "memory" without hand wound ferrite beads?

"Backup" needs massive tape drives!!!!

Where's the Fortran?  Or the Cobol?

GEM

Solid State Devices  are Magic Rocks

• Haha 12

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

It's really cute that WoW put Stan Lee in the game.

That's pretty cool of them.

• Like 5

Ah, DOS... A step up from the command line system I use at work...

My DOS experience from when I was a kid made learning the IRS system easier.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I remember DOS... Mom taught me DOS by telling me that if I could figure out how to get to the game I wanted to play, I could play it.

I managed, eventually; but it took me a lot of back and forth from X-Tree to the command line and back.

Ahh, Commander Keen... >.>

Better than the old TI, though. That thing was CRANKY.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Uuuuuuuugh.  Trying to prep Eando Kline and it's got this sword that you're supposed to just glue on to him.  But it seems to almost be floating and not stick to him well.  I'm conflicted about whether I should just ditch it.  <_<  My brain isn't up to these decisions right now, dangit!  

I don't think you'd loose anything by leaving the sword off. It does look just thrown on.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, redambrosia said:
3 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I don't think you'd loose anything by leaving the sword off. It does look just thrown on.

If you're running Serpent's Skull as written, the PCs do find Eando Kline in a cage without pants. Without sword. Without anything.

Otherwise you can glue it wherever. He looks like an adventurer without it. All that stuff he's carrying...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Center panel on the bottom... both of those expressions are painfully familiar.... ::D:

I think every DM makes that expression at least once a campaign... 

(I once spent so much game time causing the DM to give me the side-eye that his eyes and mouth permanently migrated to the sides of his head where his ears used to be, kind of like a flounder, lol.)

• Haha 7