Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Following Red's topic, just pulled a pork butt out of the crock pot. Fall off the bone tender from a .99 cent a pound roast. Gonna use the stock to make some soup. 

12 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

My thoughts exactly.  As I was talking to the guy, the jokes were writing themselves - I was trying so hard to stay professional and not laugh at his unintentionally self inflicted misfortune.

Man, I salute you. I would have probably gotten fired!

• Like 8

I found some day-old bread at the store. Gonna make roast beef sandwiches later. First I need to make the roast beef. That'll be later tonight.

First I'm reorganizing the kitchen. Which given it's a studio apartment's kitchen means moving the coffee maker from one side of the sink to the other and eating this half-empty bag of lollipops.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Man, I salute you. I would have probably gotten fired!

This isn't the first time I've dealt with this situation.  I get a half dozen of these calls every year, usually between December and April.  As I told the guy, he didn't even make the record in how long he went without noticing. He's in the top 5, but not the top spot.   

It is, however, the first time the site owner has also owned a dispensary.  

• Like 6

I have to go out. I don't wanna go out. But we're out of things.

Somebody invent teleportation, so I can order things and have them appear in my kitchen for me to then put away...

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Somebody invent teleportation, so I can order things and have them appear in my kitchen for me to then put away...

I'd be down with that. I'd have noodles without having to walk all over the store and hurt my belly more.

And curry...

• Like 7

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

RoseGal does indeed have a lot of cool stuff - looking at the link Megan sent me - and I can see the start of an entire steampunk wardrobe for her.

And that armor hoodie is a lot less expensive than I would have expected.

This... is going to cost us a lot of money, isn't it? That terrible combination of cool stuff and a reasonable price.... I could easily spend $100 - and I am still in the women's wear section. (Picturing Megan in each and every one of them. Some of them R rated. Leaning toward NC-17.)

The Auld Grump

Went to Rose Gal to check out the hoodie and guess who I found lurking on page 23 of the Menswear Section?

Spoiler

Glitterwolf.jpg.7ccf2936846a1848586d48344bf50f8f.jpg

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

49 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Noodles are a success. I've been craving Asian food again, specifically noodles, so I got these "just add water" noodle bowls. Except the noodles aren't dry, they come in a packet and are quite delicious. I added chicken, because it's better that way. Very pleased with the result. Good, inexpensive, quick way to satisfy my noodle cravings.

I think I know what you're talking about and if I do they are absolutely delicious.

Headaches have let up this week. Yay!

To do today:

• Clean
  • Paint
  • Plan out next week
  • Edit and post blog (that I completely deleted and rewrote last night...)
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Already done.

Must have been invented in Brazil because they call it Amazon.

GEM

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.584a244f60c943b5b77a898b5cc82545.png

I know! I keep lighting the tinder, but the fire just doesn’t seem to catch!

Maybe I need some gasoline. 

19 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Er... that actually exists. You just have to pay. Wife’s coworker signed up to be a for-hire grocery shopper and delivery. Looked like fun and might help out some people that can’t make it outside, so I now have signed up as well. Haven’t done anything yet since, ya know, day job and all. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Went to Rose Gal to check out the hoodie and guess who I found lurking on page 23 of the Menswear Section?

Reveal hidden contents

GEM

My Gawd, now they're infiltrating our clothing. Will anything stop W.O.O.F. from their evil plans?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Kind of surprised Megan didn't mention this - she was the one that cooked curry for her Mum, me, and herself last night.

Good new and bad news:

Good news! It was delicious! ::D:

Bad news! She cooked it to our taste - and her Mum has much more tender taste buds - she hardly touched it. ::(:

Good news! More for me! ::D:

Bad news! I ate it all! :unsure:

Good news! A great big helping of curry is remarkably *ahem* cleansing.... :blink:

:lol:

She did a first rate job - especially for her very first attempt at a curry. ::):

Good kids game last night - but I learned that... I had been played. ::D:

The kids had planned all along to split the party - one part taking care of the Creepy Dead Guy plot, while the other went looking for loot.

I don't know why they felt the need to keep it a secret - their thinking seems perfectly reasonable!

They are also thinking that if/when they get their own ship, they will be better off with two ships - and had been secretly conspiring in that regard since before the first game in this campaign.

Meanwhile, I had been secretly planning to maneuver them in exactly that same direction....

Most of this was the secret mechanations of a twelve year old boy, and his fourteen year old brother. :lol:

The Auld Grump - Off Topic XV: The Pirates Have Stolen The Rum!

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Sounds like Federation technology to me. 

43 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Reveal hidden contents

GEM

@Glitterwolf you gotta order one of these for if you ever make it to ReaperCon. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:
16 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

C7A8C544-E38F-4A59-A01B-A47DE96F97DF.thumb.jpeg.7896ad5d0bbf82d027b1361332ad8afc.jpeg

WOOF ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please stop making  fun of Agent Wookers!

He's a trained assassin using his cute appearance top get close to his target.

Do not...I repeat..Do not belittle him..you might not survive!

The moment he comes at you with a toy...RUN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccwyF6zK4Kw

• Like 5

Whee!  Just discovered a huge mold infestation in the basement.  This could be why my allergies won't go away. DH is already talking about ripping everything out to the concrete walls and having it professionally refinished.  Which means moving ALL our gaming and painting stuff out to storage for the entire summer.  On the other hand I have to admit the thought of a real laundry room with a floor and lighting makes me feel all warm and cosy. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4