Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

52 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Except for those few treasured moments when the question "Where did I put >fill in the blank<?" is answered.

GEM

Well, there is that.:winkthumbs:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I have to go out. I don't wanna go out. But we're out of things.

Somebody invent teleportation, so I can order things and have them appear in my kitchen for me to then put away...

I believe it's called "Prime Now".  A couple of my friends are fans, I'd just as soon drive 5 minutes up the road to the grocery store.  (I probably live closer to a grocery store than they do, though.)  

I have a difficult problem to solve.  I got a stupid pre-paid debit Visa as a "rebate" when I got a new car battery.  The problem is that I'm having trouble getting transactions to go through.  So far I have tried:

- Buy $30 Reaper gift certificate  failed

- Add $30 to the Nintendo eShop  failed

- Buy $10 Reaper gift certificate  succeeded

- Add $10 to the Nintendo eShop   succeeded

- Do one of the things that succeeded a second time  failed

I'm at my wit's end...  I want my last $10, but I'm having trouble finding a place to buy a $10 gift card.  Paypal wanted my social security number to add funds to my account, which I'm disinclined to give them.  <_<  Suggestions?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

I have to meet my PhD committee for the first time tomorrow and give them a presentation on what I'm doing and show that it is worth doing, and that I'm not useless. 

I have slides in my presentation on "World Domination: Successful world domination requires good advisers". Too much? :bday:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I believe it's called "Prime Now".  A couple of my friends are fans, I'd just as soon drive 5 minutes up the road to the grocery store.  (I probably live closer to a grocery store than they do, though.)  

I have a difficult problem to solve.  I got a stupid pre-paid debit Visa as a "rebate" when I got a new car battery.  The problem is that I'm having trouble getting transactions to go through.  So far I have tried:

- Buy $30 Reaper gift certificate  failed

- Add $30 to the Nintendo eShop  failed

- Buy $10 Reaper gift certificate  succeeded

- Add $10 to the Nintendo eShop   succeeded

- Do one of the things that succeeded a second time  failed

I'm at my wit's end...  I want my last $10, but I'm having trouble finding a place to buy a $10 gift card.  Paypal wanted my social security number to add funds to my account, which I'm disinclined to give them.  <_<  Suggestions?

Heh. I got a rebate card just recently for my snow tires. I used the whole thing to pay for a dental bill in one go because I didn't want to have to deal with that crap. I really hate how they prevent you from just drawing out cash with them. It's dumb. It's my money, let me have it.

Maybe just run to the store and buy as many snacks as you can while getting as close to $10 as you can? Missing out on 50 cents isn't as bad as missing out on $10, afterall.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Heh. I got a rebate card just recently for my snow tires. I used the whole thing to pay for a dental bill in one go because I didn't want to have to deal with that crap. I really hate how they prevent you from just drawing out cash with them. It's dumb. It's my money, let me have it.

Maybe just run to the store and buy as many snacks as you can while getting as close to $10 as you can? Missing out on 50 cents isn't as bad as missing out on $10, afterall.

Yeah, it's a real pain alright.  Especially since it seems to only allow small transactions, and only one per store.  Otherwise I would have just bought a $30 Reaper store credit and used it on the order I plan to make next week.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Yeah, it's a real pain alright.  Especially since it seems to only allow small transactions, and only one per store.  Otherwise I would have just bought a $30 Reaper store credit and used it on the order I plan to make next week.  

I haven't had that problem with rebate cards.  You may want to check the remaining balance on yours.  Is it possible it wasn't actually loaded with $30?

• Like 5

I think I've decided to take an online photography course through Coursera. I could really use the knowledge to up my skills. Because I totally need another thing to do.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Randomness XV: The Search for More Coffee or How I Learned To Stop Worrying When The Cat Sets The Couch On Fire Again. 

Your Cat plays with matches?

GEM

• Like 6

Randomness XV: Now We're Thinking With Penguins

Randomness XV: Abort, Retry, Ignite

Randomness XV: Take That, Land Before Time!

Randomness XV: Playing Chess With Mr. Bones

• Like 5