Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Wow, pink pigeons are super dumb :lol:

How did this revelation occur?

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Off Topic XV: Society For The Preservation Of Toy Soldiers.

This is my favorite.

S4PTS ...SFtPoTS ...just checking out the acronym. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I hate this card so much.  Went through and created a username, etc, etc, to check the balance.  There isn't $10 left, because apparently there are 4 pending $1 transactions to Hobby-Q.  Which makes no sense, because why would Reaper charge me a dollar for a failed transaction?  

This does not explain why I couldn't just spend the $30 in the first transaction, though.  Or why I couldn't spend $20 of the $30 to Nintendo.  Or whatever.  I knew this was going to be a pain in the broccoli to do, but seriously this is just beyond any hoop jumping I've ever had to do in the past.  

Hobby Q has a $1 transaction/handling/something or other fee that gets tacked onto any order with them. That's why your $30 order didn't work; it was actually $31. Yes, it gets charged every time, even for a failed order. Not sure of the rationale behind that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Unruly said:

So, as our last thing we did before our shift ended my coworker and I became super-small-time heroes. We got behind a tractor trailer that was coming through town whose rear brakes caught fire and the driver was oblivious to it. So we laid on the horn, and when he didn't show any signs of slowing down we cut into the oncoming lane, got up beside him while still laying on the horn, with me flailing one arm out the window as I'm trying to get my flashlight out of my pocket with the other, and got him to finally stop and roll down his window so we could tell him he was on fire.

He was on the bridge right before our office when we got him to stop and he put the fire out, and by the time I was leaving the office after dropping off all my gear he had pulled off the bridge and right beside the building so I stopped to talk to him for a second. He said his boss was wanting him to try and make it to the river docks, about 2-3 miles down the road and his intended destination, rather than being stopped in the road but he said wasn't going anywhere until the mechanic came out to look at the wheel hub. To my untrained eye, that thing looked mangled.

He's lucky that the tires didn't blow and catch fire, because when we finally got him stopped it was a nice fireball back there. And considering that he was a coal truck, loaded with 30-40 ton, going through streets that are 3 lanes wide at most, having two tires blow out at practically the same time would have been a Very Bad Thing(tm). We're talking potentially hundreds of thousands in property damage and a few lives mangled depending on where they blew and how the rig reacted. Because his route takes him right beside a lot of buildings, more than a few of which are businesses with apartments on top, where the only gap between him and them is a 4ft wide sidewalk. One errant swing of a trailer like that is gonna bring some walls down real quick. And WV has a rather long history of coal trucks like that being overloaded and losing control under normal conditions, let alone in a multiple tire blowout, because they don't have the oversight in practice that they're supposed to have on paper.

I know, it's not a huge thing, but it's something.

I'd say it is big enough to be proud of yourself!

• Like 5

Whew, job well done @Unruly! You probably saved that dude's life!

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

And according to the local hawks around my house... extra tasty.  It's the fluorescent pink paintball spot on their back that adds the extra zip!

Or were you refering to the one who vpme by the color naturally?

Lol, I was referring to naturally pink pigeons, they're native to some island somewhere. 

3 hours ago, TGP said:

How did this revelation occur?

I was watching The Zoo (the show about the Bronx zoo), and their keeper was explaining just how terrible they were at mating, building nests, and getting their eggs to hatch. Her expression was what I would describe as "lovingly exasperated" :lol:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

6 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Whew, job well done @Unruly! You probably saved that dude's life!

Lol, I was referring to naturally pink pigeons, they're native to some island somewhere. 

I was watching The Zoo (the show about the Bronx zoo), and their keeper was explaining just how terrible they were at mating, building nests, and getting their eggs to hatch. Her expression was what I would describe as "lovingly exasperated" :lol:

See above

• Like 1

Of my two cats, one is a clingy fatty, and the other is a standoffish ball of energy. Guess which one is laying on my leg right now, preventing me from getting a sandwich? Hint: I'd kick the fatty off in a heartbeat. I just don't want to move when Rose never, ever wants to cuddle. So when she chooses me to be a perch, I let her.

And as I typed this post, she decided it was time to leave. Pulled pork sandwich here I come!

Also, here's something fun for all you ladies out there. Because you deserve actual pockets, too.

FB_IMG_1547812850614.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

How surprising! They messed up my paycheck again. <_< So shock, much unbelieve. 

Hope this get resolved soon!

Can't you get mad, mutilate a few people and then blame it on hormones or something?

66-N336a91.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Hobby Q has a $1 transaction/handling/something or other fee that gets tacked onto any order with them. That's why your $30 order didn't work; it was actually $31. Yes, it gets charged every time, even for a failed order. Not sure of the rationale behind that.

I'm guessing it's an older merchant system, because most nowadays charge either $0.00 or $0.01 to avoid scenarios like this, doubly so for pre-paid cards where the pre-auth will sit for upwards of a week. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hope this get resolved soon!

Can't you get mad, mutilate a few people and then blame it on hormones or something?

Oh, I'm blaming everything on pregnancy brain :lol: even the weather :lol:

(not really, but my brain does feel more scrambled than usual)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Almost weekend, a long one since I have Monday off.

I will surprise the vixens and my girl with sushi, will get some beef with noodles for myself.

Then later this evening we will make arrangements for our city trip to Valencia sometime in May.

I hope I can get finally some painting done this weekend.

it annoys em a bit that my Welcome to the Jungle Diorama/Terrain is almost finished but still is not.

I only need to paint a Terradon and a Giant Centipede, attach the Terradon, touch up the edges and spray the whole thing with varnish.

Easy, right?

Also want to relax, just relax...

• Like 8