Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

Travel Painting, Rangers versus Orcs

E98EB474-CFEF-4FA1-8A4E-DDCE9CF0E4E0.thumb.jpeg.e8ad9c2d1637a20b991312a7f3410832.jpeg

My significant other is in a songing competition this weekend, and I’m along for moral support. ::D:

Knowing that I would have some quiet time, I brought my travel paint kit and some miniatures. On the left are five Broadsword rangers, and on the right three Minifigs true orcs. The orcs are part of my Mythical Earth warbands project, but the Broadsword figures are a one-off.

I didn’t have any Broadsword back in the day. Apparently none of the hobby shops I visited stocked them. My first encounter with them was in larger eBay lots while fishing for other old figures. I ended up with four of these archers in a large lot early in my eBay history, and then went looking for the command/personality pack later.

I painted the swordsman/captain and the ranger-bard last summer.

21407CD7-5A00-4B2F-87D9-05854699429D.thumb.jpeg.7348f93c5b8c150f9a6b3fa198f2ccdc.jpeg

B892A8A5-814F-40DF-BDD0-600667F6D23A.thumb.jpeg.90938a7b1bdfaa02fc46ed241cd92afa.jpeg

Now that they are almost all done, I hope to get them out as a unit of scouts in a Dragon Rampant game soon. 

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 9

And a few more orcs.

They are intended to be my Misty Mountain orcs command stand.

9E277422-37ED-499A-AA7B-F0CE46DB0E23.thumb.jpeg.7ab969cdeab62472f010d15fc203025b.jpeg

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      Following the muse today, I set aside my vintage Minifigs orcs for these two Adina hill giants. 

I’ve had one of the rock throwers for many years, although I didn’t know what it was for a long time, but recently managed to pull this pair off of eBay. 

I started with the club-wielder:

There isn’t a lot to them, so both are now waiting while base treatments dry.

I should have them varnished by tomorrow. 

I’ll put Sir Forescale in the next picture. Even for 1978 these weren’t the tallest giants around...

• By Rob Dean
      Finally varnished these guys today...as noted last weekend, they amount to a packet of Broadsword P11 and P12 each, and were acquired in a couple of different eBay purchases. 

Since they had some fun and interesting figures back in the day (~1980) and I didn’t have any of them, I conclude that none of my local hobby shops carried the line.

• By Pingo
      So I spotted what looked like a sweet little wolfman, unpainted but inked a little over the metal and glued to a square of wood in a comics shop some while ago and bought it and took it home and pried it off the old base and discovered it said "Grenadier 1987." Score!

Turns out it is a werejackal, coded MM93, and was first released as part of the set "Monster Manuscript Vol. XI" which also included the one Nosferatu-type vampire I didn't have in zer old days from the set of three I painted recently.

Anyhow, I cleaned it up and painted it like a black-backed jackal 'cos they look cool.

There is no WIP thread.

Also I had a picture book of Zimbabwe and decided to play a little bit with backgrounds.

• By Rob Dean
      So here's my final for this unexpected snow day.  Three stands go to the Dux Bellorum project, which I hope to play with this weekend, and the two on the right are part of the vintage Minifigs Middle Earth war bands  project.  As the Soviets are supposed to have said, quantity has a quality of its own...

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)