cakira21

03500, Mason Thornwarden, Ranger

Mason Thornwarden, Ranger. Reaper Item # 03500. Same style as all my other pieces. cork board and flocking on the base and heavily clear coated for table top. Also added a string on the bow.

03500, Mason Thornwarden, Ranger 001.jpg

03500, Mason Thornwarden, Ranger 002.jpg

03500, Mason Thornwarden, Ranger 003.jpg

03500, Mason Thornwarden, Ranger 004.jpg

Edited by cakira21
  • Like 19

Good work on stringing the bow,  how did you do that? I have just bought this mini and would like to try doing this on mine as well. Great work by the way.

for stringing the bow i used a half hitch knot and just looped the thread over the bow two or three times then did the same on the other side after wards i touched the knots with a very small amount of super glue to set them they have a few tutorials on you tube. binge watch a few of those and you'll be able to pull it off.  the good thing is if you wind up with a little slack in the string you can bend the bow to tighten it up and make it look like you got it right the first time. I just wish i could get a good set of pictures without all the glare, they look so much better in person.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 4:08 AM, cakira21 said:

for stringing the bow i used a half hitch knot and just looped the thread over the bow two or three times then did the same on the other side after wards i touched the knots with a very small amount of super glue to set them they have a few tutorials on you tube. binge watch a few of those and you'll be able to pull it off.  the good thing is if you wind up with a little slack in the string you can bend the bow to tighten it up and make it look like you got it right the first time. I just wish i could get a good set of pictures without all the glare, they look so much better in person.

Gee, thanks mate. Will try that method on my next bow mini.

Very cool!  You really achieved a nice base.

I am currently painting the metal version and will post the pictures when I am finished.