Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Sometime in the middle of 2018 I pulled out this old GW Mordheim Ogre Mercenary mini, and poked at it a bit, intending on painting him up pretty quickly. If I remember correctly, I did the base intending on using it for the dire boar, but then decided that it didn’t work for that mini. I have only a vague idea of how I primed it, but I think I mixed Reaper’s Brush On White Primer with… Grey Liner? Maybe? After priming it I started painting the flesh with… maybe Tanned Shadow? Maybe Ruddy Flesh? Since then I haven’t done anything with it, and he’s been looking at me accusingly the whole time.
Blurry picture cropped from the background of a work table shot where the ogre sat unloved
So time to get it done.
Going back over the skin, I reblocked in with Ruddy Flesh. I used a bit of Walnut Brown to darken it for the shadows, and Rusty Red for the nose, cheeks, ears, and lip to make it look more fleshy. I used Linen White for the eyes, teeth and nails. Both the teeth and nails are going to need significant yellowing.
The shirt was painted with Muddy Olive, while the jacket was painted with Rusty Red, while just about everything else has been painted with Walnut Brown.
More to come!
Tzeentch has always been one of my favorite parts of the Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar settings. I love both the concepts behind the Changer of Ways and the brilliant deformed mutants and demons that form his legions.
Here are some Tzeentch minis that I’ve gotten to paint up recently. They’re actually from a few separate clients who were all excited about Tzeentch in this similar color schemes.
Calling these little maniacs done. Not the greatest paint job ever and I should probably have done something - anything - with the bases, but oh well. They were a ton of fun to paint.
For those who hadn't seen the WIP thread, these guys are old Night Goblin bodies (sent to me by the ever-amazing @malefactus ) with heads from the Frostgrave plastic gnoll kit.
Update: finished 4 of my 8 bretonnian knights horses. Gonna take a break before doing the last 4.
I based my gw horses on 2x2 “large” bases so that they fill the proper space for pathfinder and d&d. They are to the right so that someone who is mounted can place their mini to the left to designate that it is mounted.
Bases were made by stamping green stuff into textured stamps. I think these are gonna be pretty useful on the board. I've had a lot of trouble showing whether someone was on their horse or not, and it involved a lot of mini swaps.
These guys are the horses from the "Freeguild Pistoliers" set. I'm also working on a set of "Bretonnian Knights" horses to be based in the same manner that have barding on them. Those are still a WIP, but I'll update this topic when they're done. :)
The next phase of the army has started. 10 wolf riders, as well as an extra orc mounted on a boar.
Who's Online 37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Froggy the Great
- Original Timmy
- Grumpy Cave Bear
- Colonel Kane