Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

ECADA073-A489-4B25-9337-747B2D34D775.jpeg.e6a3a45ede793f35a849f064dda5eea8.jpeg0EDC604A-37E6-4B60-9614-5FB7C72AB096.jpeg.53e9c6b8c81bbc9e7b0a6cf4c516eafa.jpegA9451C49-92F5-43C6-B67E-ECAF60E15339.jpeg.d7e1fd6d9a04b769ffc17bb535fea4b8.jpeg

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

15787A70-182B-452A-97B3-B37F3BFAE673.jpeg.0b630d95eb4214b7569c065a6ab53908.jpeg

Comments and critiques appreciated!

Edited by Sophie was taken
Cant spell names
  • Like 19

35 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Nice, but probably unwise of Miss Strumpet to be giving him the finger...

It is never wise  to be in an elevator with a guy who's 3 heads bigger and armed with a gun and then start the conversation saying: "you look like broccoli."

But apart from that - is she giving him the finger? For me that looks more like she is adressing someone else going "that was not very nice of you. Come here and be sorry."

I really like the gorilla. Good work!

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great job on the Centurion!

And I think she is the one that was insulted, and now she is like, want to say that again in front of my friend here?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

It is never wise  to be in an elevator with a guy who's 3 heads bigger and armed with a gun and then start the conversation saying: "you look like broccoli."

But apart from that - is she giving him the finger? For me that looks more like she is adressing someone else going "that was not very nice of you. Come here and be sorry."

I really like the gorilla. Good work!

Exactly!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone,

With the forthcoming release of the Bones version of Viridius the Great Dragon on December 17, it is a pleasure for me to unveil today my work on a pewter version of this winged giant. Here it is, 10021 Viridius protector of the Woodspike forest sculpted by talented Jason Wiebe. As you can see, there was enough space behind its frilled head to add horns. So, I made a set of giant goat-like horns and a set of stag antlers. The horns and antlers have a metal armature “finishing nail” and they are held in place by magnets that I glued in holes I drilled in the dragon skull. Please, see my Viridius WIP for more details.

It was a long-term project, I started working on it in June last summer. I hope you will like it and that my work will be a source of inspiration for some of you. I used Army Painter Goblin Green primer, Games Workshop inks, Reaper MSP acrylic paint and traditional brushes, no airbrush. I used real rock on the base and natural roots for the trees. The synthetic grass is mainly from Woodland Scenics.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is the second Orc model from Ral Partha's 10-512 Monsters Boxed Set produced in 1992.
      It's a 25mm tall metal "lead" miniature that was sculpted by Jeff Wilhelm and I painted it with acrylics and ink.
      I have the Roman crest helmet on this model. I painted the crest in orange, as if it had been made with the red hair of a dwarf.
      There is also an eye engraved on the front of the helmet, symbol of Gruumsh. Tribute to Tolkien...

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is my latest work on Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms - Anthropomorphic Animals, the crafty DSM8077, Ella the Cat Rogue.
      This three-piece model was sculpted by Dave Summers. I glued its right arm and left hand before painting the wholly assembled model.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is a 77202, Warg I painted recently for an unexpected encounter in my D&D campaign. The adventurers managed to avoid the fight by sacrificing one of their horse to the hunting ogress and the two worg they were ambush by. This model was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. I painted it with acrylics and mounted it on a 25 x 50mm base. I forgot to remove a huge mold line on the direwolf face, so I decided to paint it as if it was a scar. I also cut off a chunk of its right ear, I think it gives it a nasty look.

• By SamuraiJack
      Live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/tomb-guardians-28mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery

About
      Dwarven Paladin Dwarven Wizard Dwarven Ranger Dwarven Fighting King Dwarven King Free Give Away Miniature Female Dwarven Crossbowman  

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)