paintybeard

Hornet Miniatures "The Trophy"

Having a go at bigger figures again, don't they take a long time to get finished?

So this is a little vignette in 54mm scale called "The Trophy". I probably tried to squeeze everything onto too small a base, but overall I'm pleased with the actual figures.

5ad344712482f_Trophy1.thumb.JPG.5eef8d42cc1e86941ac2b86ff643fb80.JPG5ad34477f3ebf_Trophy2.thumb.JPG.996e598659612a22c4c0d8f5115b0236.JPG

• Like 18

"Look: that's all what's left of him. Man. Those PIATs really do the job."

Cool piece. Really like it.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About
      Judgement has gone from strength to strength since our successful Kickstarter campaignthat launched the game in 2017. We funded 14 heroes and 1 monster, enabling us to produce a fantastic range of miniatures to get the game out there. It also provided us with a platform from which to build incredible communities of Judgement players around the world.
      Judgement is already awesome to play, however similar to the MOBAs from which Judgement draws inspiration, more heroes means even more awesomeness! Therefore, almost immediately after shipping our kickstarter, the design team got busy designing the wave 2 heroes that will ensure the game has the depth to reach its potential.
      We re-designed a number of heroes that were not unlocked from wave 1 and added a few more, resulting in 12 amazing heroes and 3 monsters, that will well and truly put Judgement on the world stage. The Judgement team have a proven track record of manufacturing high quality models that are a pleasure to paint and game with. Below is a selection of models we have produced to date.
      Sculpt by Tom Lishman; Painted by Gavin Clarke Sculpt by James W. Cain; Painted by Trent Denison Sculpt by Tom Lishman; Painted by Gavin Clarke With a proven track record of producing amazing quality 54mm scale resin miniatures, and the Judgement team's active involvement in our growing community, we are sure that wave 2 will be a smashing success and afford us the breathing space to take the game to the next level. So why not join us on what is sure to be an amazing ride?
      The following 12 heroes are available at all pledge levels. Not all yet have sculpts, however our track record proves that Judgement sculpts end up very close to their illustrations.
      Illustration by Helge C. Balzer Sculpt by Tom Lishman Illustration by Shane L. Cook Sculpt by Tom Lishman Illustration by Helge C. Balzer Sculpt by James W. Cain Illustration by Shane L. Cook Sculpt by Tom Lishman Illustration by Shane L. Cook Sculpt by Tom Lishman
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/444942847/blacksmith-miniatures-world-of-jean-baptiste-monge/description

Incredible 54 mm scale sculpts cast in amazingly detailed resin for painters and collectors
      MARCH,15 TH 2017 on Kickstarter
    • By Sanael
      So, a looooooong time ago, I painted this as a gift to my then-girlfriend (now wife), known to a few around here as Nissiana:

Then the 54mm "Master Series" came out. Nissiana picked up the Monique DeNoir figure and painted a stellar monochrome version as a gift for me. Around the same time (shortly after the model was released, so early 2008), I picked up the 54mm counterpart of the above figure, Maria Roseblade. I intended at the time to paint her as a gift to Nissiana...and I started painting her. Got a few basecoats, even. Then, other projects for games, contests, etc. cropped up and Maria was sidelined. It's been a running joke ever since, as Nissiana knows about the intended gift.

So, before mid-March 2018, I want to finish this up.

Here's where we are:

I want to follow the oxblood leather/blue top ideas of the original figure, but the light blue piping is getting replaced with ivory lace. I'm also happy with where I left a lot of the skin, so I don't need to repaint much. But there's plenty left to do!

The white patch on her thigh is greystuff, required for some gap filling.

Here we go!
    • By bailey03
      I realized I had yet to post any pictures of my latest project here.  A few months ago I started working on this 54mm scale knight from Romeo Models.  The figure is from the era of the 3rd Crusade, but I decided to paint him up as a generic knight rather than one of the crusading orders (like the Templars).  This gave me a lot more freedom in color choice and for the design work on his clothing/shield.  In my mind, he's an English knight traveling with Richard the Lionheart on crusade.  That steered my color choice a bit, as red and yellow were colors used by the English king.  But I opted to replace the lion with a griffin on this piece (just to do something a little different).

He's come a pretty long way.  I wanted to push for a higher contrast on this piece.  It's similar to how I've done fantasy figures, but I wanted to see how I could make it look on a historical figure (since we naturally expect to see a more realistic overall look).  I made a few very minor changes to the figure.  I shaved down the noseguard a bit so it hid less of his face.  And I inserted two arrow shafts into his shield.  Painting has all be done with acrylics, primarily Reaper though I did use Scale75 for the metallics.  I have a couple small details to do on the knight, along with the chainmail on his legs.  Then all that's left are the base and weathering the figure.  I don't expect a ton of time to paint over the holidays, so hopefully I can finish him up in January.

And here's a look at the base (keeping it pretty simple just to focus on the figure) and a sense of scale for the piece.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infamyminis/infamy-collectibles

The Infamy: Collectibles range combines larger scale full miniatures, busts and complex or special kits. It is aimed aimed primarily at painters and collectors, but some of the models have also been designed with crossover potential in mind for gamers.
      There's no specific theme or setting - the only criteria for entry into the Collectibles range is that a model is cool and exciting! 
      Each model has been designed and sculpted by amazing artists, will be cast in the high-quality resin that Infamy has become know for, and packed up in luxury bespoke boxes.
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)