Sometimes an Ogre just has to go clubbing. :-)

Tried a different painting technique on this guy and a few others. I think it works reasonably on the skin, but still looks kind of scratchy in some places; murky in others.

IMG_8662.resized.thumb.png.160668af2c2ae2f8a1f8a80fc1e8fb6d.pngIMG_8668.resized.thumb.png.2bc27d26547d77da7011359d57fc19d4.pngIMG_8666.resized.thumb.png.6772954ce0cfed895738d655618e9a57.pngIMG_8664.resized.thumb.png.58ad1d60618767b77a9fe9567a94698d.png

IMG_8667.resized.png

• Like 17

He looks all set for a night on the town.

That dance floor won't know what hit it.

He's ready to dance to the beatdown

He'll really kill it out on the dance floor

Sometimes he's just gotta get out there and swing.

...I'll just go now

Not sorry

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I pity the bouncer that tries to say no to this guy ... 

Orange is a good color for an oger, the color mix in the skin gives him a dirty scruffy kinda look ... defently not a black tie kinda guy.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:

Front
      Back

Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).

Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.

I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.

All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated. 
    • By Crowley
      So I started painting this guy... I don't even remember how long ago. Pulled him out tonight and decided to wash him with a couple other bones I was prepping... He felt a little tacky... And now feels worse. And the tooth brush feels all gummy.

He's from Bones 1, and probably painted with older GW paints, not not 100% sure.

Fairly sure I'm just going to drop him in some simple green and start over... Though I'm wondering if there has been some weird chemical change and if I'd just be better off getting a new copy of him?

Anyone else run into something like this? I know some paint dries tacky on bones, but can that be cleaned off and repainted?
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Yes, I know Captain Stern...

Kev!
      P.s. He should be torn into itsy bitsy pieces and buried alive!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

It's not my place to question what bear does or does not do in the woods...

Kev!
      P.s. But it DOES make a sound, though...
    • By Geoff Davis
      77041: Harpy by Julie Guthrie

This one was on my shelf of shame for quite a while, until my daughter told me off for having it lying around.  So I sculpted a shirt for her out of greenstuff which was a fun learning process.  I needed her for my D&D game last week, so she got the speed paint finish.  Her skin is the dusky flesh triad with some light grey added. 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)