Glamberry

Bears Head Miniatures - Undead Rhino

Hi guys!

Yesterday I visited Salute London, a big wargame convention. I was lucky enough to meet some of my favourite Mini makes in the UK and pick up various orders and Kickstarter Pledges. And Philip from Bears Head Miniatures was nice enough to let me have a prototype of the undead rhino that is featured in his upcoming Kickstarter. I hope I will able to do it justice!

IMG_20180415_172831285.jpg

IMG_20180415_172754462_1.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Edsterdoom said:

Very nice model. What’s it made from looks like pvc or similar to bones?

I think it's cast from resin. It's definitely harder than bones but not as brittle as most regular resin minis I have seen. I don't know what exact type he used though.

• Like 1

As someone who really is into rhinos, seeing this hurts my soul a bit. Seen too many dead rhinos ...

A great paintjob, nonetheless!

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spooktalker
      Hi all, I thought you might like to see the Mordheim gang I just finished, particularly because it features a bunch of Reaper figures. It's hard to believe I started this over ten years ago. They sat around for years with a good portion done, and lately I've had my old projects in my sites and am finishing them off.

Mordheim Undead Gang

I wrote about them and shared more pics in a blog post here: https://belchedfromthedepths.blogspot.com/2018/06/mordheim-undead-gang.html

More pics of the reaper ones:

Reaper Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

I shared the vampire already here, so you may have seen him already. New backdrop with this pic for consistency.

Reaper Gravedigger
      Reaper humans are too tall, IMO, to mix in generally with Mordheim figures, but the vampire and gravedigger are conscious exceptions as they fit right in towering over their fellows.

There was no way I wasn't going to have this Reaper monkey in the crew. He's from a familiars pack.

Reaper Ghouls and Ghast

Reaper Hellhounds
      Last up are these Reaper hellhounds, or dire wolves, in Mordheim game terms. I was and am thinking of them as black dogs of yore like the barghest rather than wolves.

• By Othikent
      I did these guys a few months ago.

I challenged myself when I painted these guys and avoided using washes. I'm very happy with the turnout.
      I'd love to hear what you all think.
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I've been working on this scary Reaper DHL Lich for a week or so. There is a rich blue glowy effect on his eyes but it doesn't seem to have come out that clearly on these pics.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

• By wickedshifty
      I painted this guy and he seemed like a real ambitious little skeleton. So I had a base I had started for a different project, but ultimately decided not to use, and he seemed worthy and I liked the rocks he came standing on anyways...

• By Pingo
      This is the fun Bobby Jackson sculpt 02867: Matthias the Twisted, concept art by Talin. He(?)'s a lassic rat-lovin' nosferatu type vampire with an awesome wardrobe and a great pose.

He has a lot of great details, including three tiny rats! (They are 28mm scale. They are really tiny.)

WIP thread here.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)