Pochi

Dumble Doormouse (77288)

Excellent work! I love the freehand details in particular!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is that the big dipper on the back of his hat ? If so is he looking north (blending into the stars) or south (reflecting the stars) ... in ether case nice , concept and execution. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boaz said:

Is that the big dipper on the back of his hat ? If so is he looking north (blending into the stars) or south (reflecting the stars) ... in ether case nice , concept and execution. 

If it is, it wasn't intentional. Cute idea to include constellations though! 

12 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

In addition, that is the best name ever.

Agreed! Great name for a mini that was painted Great.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard by Bobby Jackson

Comments and Criticism welcome.

• By spitfire23bc
      I have some vague plans involving some Red Wizards of Thay in a future D&D game, so thought I'd get some painted in preparation. This is the first, which I'm very pleased with.

The face was done mostly with the Tanned Skin triad, with some extra shadow achieved by mixing in blue liner. The beard was Grey Liner plus Rainy Grey, with increasing amounts of Pure White mixed in for the highlights. Similar for the chains, though they got a blue liner coat. Robes were a Spattered Crimson base coat over Brown Liner, with Nightshade Purple shadows, and Gory Red mixed with increasing amounts of orange and/or yellow for the highlights. The scythe handle and scroll bone were mostly Bone triad, with a brown wash and some shading with Woodstain Brown. The blade was mostly Pure Black, Rainy Grey and Pure White, with some Blue Liner mixed in. The scroll got a Polished Bone base coat, with some thin streaks of various light browns, Brown Liner for the glyphs, and a brown wash over the whole thing.

This is probably one of the best paint jobs I've done, and certainly the best face to date 

• By Pochi
      Here is another beekeeper. I love mouselings! I gave this one a honeycomb pattern on his cloak. It's not perfect but it it is so small, I am not unhappy with it. And I learned some things to help me the next time.

So here he is, Grumble & Bumble.

• By Arc 724
      Gudridr the Golden by RBG
      Sculpted by Tre Manor

Hope everyone enjoys this one. This was a resin miniature from the kickstarter. The base is MDF that I cut in half with my scalpel then applied Greenstuff/Epoxy to and sculpted the brink pattern. The rocks on top are actual rocks and sand. FYI - because it's resin on an MDF base with greenstuff it's super light weight. I didn't like the idea of adding height to the miniature by just sculpting the brink on top of the standard MDF base. My solution is as you can see. 

I tired going simpler in the color scheme with this one and I think it turn out great.

• By Pingo
      So while I was shopping at Ral Partha Europe (not the same as Ral Partha), I spotted some figures from Das Schwarze Auge which looked kind of nice in an Old School sort of way.

Das Schwarze Auge was apparently Germany's answer to D&D in the 1980s. It was (might still be) quite popular there.

I don't know the history of the figures.

Anyhow, this is Das Schwarze Auge 15500B, "Female Sorcerer".

I started this figure a while back, keeping it at the back of my painting table and adding bits as I painted other things.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I already painted her face before I took a picture.

Oh, and I left the orb on her staff just primed white because that will make it look more glowing when I paint it later.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 6 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)