SamuraiJack

Limbo: Eternal War - June 2018

Yeah.  I think they are close enough that there is a chance.  Doesn't mean that Blizzard would do anything, but they are well know for protecting their IP.

• Like 3

Come on guys. There is nothing similar between the Diablo Butcher and the other character. The face looks nothing like it. On the sculpted miniature he wears a mask and has few, longer sharper fangs, as the Butcher has many, small, sharp teeth. The Butcher also has those two, large fangs that shoot out of the mouth that the sculpted figure doesn't have. The horns are nothing alike. The overall costume design is very different. The sculpted figure has this loingcloth whereas the Butcher has a leather apron. The sculpted also has several armour plates for protection, which the Butcher is lacking.  The weapon is rather different, too. The Butcher has his boneaxe, while the sculpted has a completely different design to it. The hook? Yea, a bit similar but still not a copy.

While I don't deny that there are inspiration and influences from Diablo, it is so far away from violating any IP that I'm confident in saying that hell has to freeze before this sculpt would be stopped.

• Like 1

The shape is the same. They both have chains/stitching in their bloated muscles. The hook is on a chain, with chain wrapped around the wrist. The axes are different material, but same shape. The footguards are similar. The foot shape is similar. The body shape is similar. The loincloth is one apron-top away from similar. The head has different horns and tusks, but is small and prominent at the front instead of on top of the shoulders. 

Seriously, it has been about a year since I picked up D3, and before seeing the text I went "the Butcher?" Not sure if this is the line of "inspired by" or "taken from" but they're damn close to issues I think. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NecroMancer
      Before they launch Eternal War they are launching this Kickstarter on June 27 for their Sci Fi bust.

Here is a preview link:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limbominiatures/1928029497?ref=506128&token=0d781cd6

• By SamuraiJack
      July/August time frame

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      How Did this start?
      So My Son, (7 at the time), enjoyed playing Vault manager, and one holiday he asked me If I could build him a vault to play with. So we sat down and drew up some designs, and then I sat down and did up the files, furiously prototyped, cut and amended the designs. Eventually I ended up with a corridor set that set up on a 4' x 4' board. I put it up on the BPLASER store and people seemed to like it.
      Fast forward 12 months, and I decided to expand the Corridor set with another 15 rooms, furniture and inserts, and put it up on Kickstarter to see if I could expand sales.
      The Corridor Set is a: multi gaming system, fully modular set of laser cut/ etched MDF terrain, for use with 28-32mm table top games. Each unit piece is a multi part kit made from Australian manufactured MDF, with the approx strength of the same thickness of pine board, which should give years of use.
      The modularity of the corridor set allows you to make unique table layouts every time you use it. Every piece will connect to any other piece letting you decide how large, or how small to make your battlefield.
      Vault, Spaceship or Corridor set.
      I have tried, in the design of the set, to make it as functional as possible, so the Corridor Set can be used to represent the interior of a spaceship, a fallout shelter, An evil scientist's lair, a military bunker,.... the list goes on. Using the many add-ons to the base set, you can make almost any scenario that comes to mind.
      I hope you will find it an interesting set, and battleground, and give a multitude of ideas in its set-up.
      INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE. PLEASE READ.
      I am in Brisbane, Australia.
      That's 11500 km from Los Angeles, and 16500 km from London. Shipping via ship from Australia takes 2-3 months and costs about $95 AUD for the base set.
      Airmail takes 5-10 days and costs approx $120 AUD for the base set. I have chosen Airmail as the most efficient and reliable method for you getting your gear. All parcels will be provided with a tracking number.
      ADD ONS. Postage will be calculated at approx $5 per item set, or room set that you add to your main pledge. This will mean that international postage is at a discounted rate.
      Backers from all other countries (Rest of the world) may have to pay additional import duties and other applicable taxes to the concerned authorities, upon receipt of their goods, based on the import policies of their respective countries. The duties and tax rates vary from country to country and we are unable to help you determine that for your shipment. If you wish to learn about the duties and taxes applicable to your shipment, you may want to check with the customs and border protection authority of your country.
      What's in the set:
       The following are some pics of the addons to the set. I will update them with painted versions in the next few days
      DOOR SET WITH BULKHEAD HATCH END CAP WITH BULKHEAD HATCH DOOR SET STANDARD FORCE DOOR SECURITY SHIELD
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      The brunt of it:
      A trigger-happy rival watches over a narrow corridor, ready to turn the tight confines in to a bullet-filled death-trap. A large bulkhead provides the cover needed for your unit to hide from the scope of an enemy sniper. A set of scaffolding provides your team the perfect vantage point to spring an ambush.

Whether you're new to the world of tabletop wargaming or you're a seasoned veteran who’s prospered on countless battlefields, 'Sector 0141' terrain is perfect to contain the hostilities of any industrial conflict - whether it be gang warfare, a separatist insurgency or an alien invasion. 

We at Dark City Terrain couldn’t be happier to spearhead our first ever Kickstarter; 'Sector 0141'. Completely modular in its design, this highly detailed, laser-cut MDF terrain lets you connect towers with walkways, stairs and platforms to construct your own unique, multi-level arena suited for the factories and dense metropolis of the future.

Backer's Rewards:

Greenhorn's Gambit - "You done good, kid!" 

Even the smallest donation can carry production far and wide - and for this you receive two thumbs-up and a gracious thank you.
      Thumbs and Thanks :) Scatter Pack 1 - "Hey look, lootable crates!"
      What's a battlefield without some chest-high cover to hide behind?
      Scatter Pack 1 includes: 4x Small Crates 4x Large Crates

Scatter Pack 2 - "Hey look, lootable crates inside containers!"
      Because every wasteland warlord/judicial enforcer/alien hive-mind needs a place to stash their loot.
      Scatter Pack 2 includes: 4x Small Crates 4x Large Crates 2x Shipping Containers

Juve's Pledge - "When the shooting starts, don't forget to duck!"
      An appetiser to what we have to offer, a teaser for those who like to test the waters first.
      Juve's Pledge   includes: 5x Straight Platforms 2x Stairs 4x Bridges

Ganger's Pledge - "Get some explosives on that door!" 

When it's time to start playing games with your first team of blood-hungry gangers (or pious enforcers - we don't judge!).
      Ganger's Pledge includes: 5x Straight Platforms 3x Corners 2x T Junction 1x Four Way Junction 4x Stairs 8x Bridges

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)