One of my favorite authors have a new KS project...  

Because there just ain't enough slice of life or baking in modern Sci-Fi books...

About

Years ago I wrote a science fiction story about two forever-friends, unlike in almost every way--species, backgrounds, temperaments, orientations--and how they came together in a relationship that would last through every tribulation, including an intergalactic war. When readers asked me how they met, I wrote their college story. When readers asked me what happened next, I wrote how they began their xenotherapy practice. I'm still writing about them, in fact, because they are, bar none, my readers' best loved couple.

Their names are Jahir and Vasiht'h, and they are dreamhealers.

b94ff11e91f6a5c40a7e8e42bc5dae60_origina

Some people call their story an asexual romance, but whether you go for that or prefer 'forever besties', these stories are about growing up, making choices, figuring out relationships, deciding on what your life means--or should--and baking. A lot of baking. They are cozy slice-of-life novels, and there aren't a lot of novels like them in science fiction. If cups of tea are your cup of tea, you might enjoy checking out Book 1 and 2 respectively. There's an e-book reward tier; you can choose one of them! This Kickstarter in particular is to fund the print edition for Book 3, Dreamhearth, and possibly Books 4 and 5, Dreamstorm and Family, if we hit our stretch goals.

I love space ships and aliens and epic war sagas. But science fiction has room for quieter stories about what you want to be when you grow up, and the thorny personal challenges of day-to-day life. If you also love spaceships and aliens but want a moment's respite... you might have come to the right place.

Stretch Goals

We've got plenty to look forward to this time, including the opportunity for two more paperbacks!

• Bookmark 1. At $750, we'll get Jahir bookmarks! Every print backer will get one!
909d3d4e77e29965036fe32223e680bc_origina
  • Dreamstorm paperback. At $1000, we'll hit the Dreamstorm stretch goal, opening new tiers!
  • Bookmark 2. At $1500, we'll get the Vasiht'h bookmarks! All print backers will get both bookmarks!
b08b7ae47776e100bf22ece6d4aab0b4_origina
  • Family paperback. At $2000, we'll do a print edition of the final book in the series, Family, opening Yet More Tiers!

Risks and challenges

As much as possible I've streamlined this one so it takes very little by way of work. I've gotten very good at packing and shipping things!

I think the biggest risks are:

1. I get hyper and start throwing in prizes and things that I shouldn't because I like running myself to ragged shreds doing stuff;

2. I get too perfectionist about the things and fuss them to death over millimeter differences in whitespace only I am going to care about.

I think I'll be able to handle #2 since I've done OVER NINE THOUSAND of these Kickstarters. It's #1 you all are going to have to help me with. Sit on me if I start gibbering about something that sounds impossible, please?

• Like 1

To quote the artist...

We Are Funded!

And Lord Almighty, how we are funded! At $6400, this is the most successful Kickstarter I've run! Only Black Blossom came closer, at $6221. Thank you all, for making this my highest grossing project yet!

dee09ec6bb16e305ce81c8cffc6c8bfc_origina

Now, of course, the work continues! This week I'll be getting your backer surveys to you; please fill those out the moment they arrive! Delays on your end become delays on my end, and then your prizes get to you LESS SOON and this is TRAGIC! I want you to have your goodies as fast as I can turn them around! So keep an eye on your email and pounce when it arrives. <3

Me, I'm gonna zoom and get the last of the stuff done that needs doing. Expect another update from my by the end of the week! And once again... thank you all. I am deeply grateful! You continue to be the most awesome patrons of the arts, and I continue to be honored to be one of your chosen entertainers.

To the work!

M

My books arrived today, and unless there's someone living in the outback with just monthly mail delivery, odds are that most if not all other backers have also gotten their rewards.

• Thanks 1