Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

RIP Harry Anderson

The Night Court (among other things) star passed away today; he was only 65.

• Sad 13

Harry the Hat was the best part of Cheers ::(:

He was one of the first video game voice actors I immediately recognized on hearing, as Bernard in Day of the Tentacle.

Edited by Sophie was taken
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Aww. That's to young. I used to love Night Court.

• Like 1

Yeah, Night Court was hysterical - it was pretty much the first grown-up humor show that I ever watched...

It's a bit dated these days, and definitely showing it's age, but I still like a lot of the episodes.

RIP Harry

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

Grew up with Night Court.

RIP Judge

• Like 2

This is a surprise. 

I guess I haven't seen him in anything recently so still though of him as a fairly young guy.

Not that 65 is all that old.

RIP

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

This is a surprise. 

I guess I haven't seen him in anything recently so still though of him as a fairly young guy.

Not that 65 is all that old.

RIP

* Sound of throat clearing*

There are several of us on these forums who are older than that.

GEM

RIP Harry The Hat

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
added stuff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

Harry the Hat was the best part of Cheers ::(:

He was one of the first video game voice actors I immediately recognized on hearing, as Bernard in Day of the Tentacle.

I hate to break this to you, Bernard from day of the tentacle , was voiced by Richard Sanders from WKRP in Cincinnati (Les Nesman, the weather guy).  

• Like 2

65 is way young, I’m sorry he’s gone.

In recent photos he looked in ill health. He had always been thin as a whippet, and something had changed.

My husband and I adored “Night Court”, although parts of it have aged very badly. We were never comfortable with John Larroquette’s character, who has just looked worse and worse in light of more recent understanding. 

Harry Anderson was a delight in that show, as was Richard Moll, able to play something as far removed from the grimdark villains he was usually cast as as possible. There was a lot of fun in the show, but unfortunately it is plagued with blind spots of the time.

• Like 4

Enjoyed him too.  Thank you Green Eyed Monster, you beat me to the objection.  I'm one of those older forumites.

• Thanks 1

About a decade and a half ago, I saw Harry Anderson performing magic with his beautiful assistant (his wife ::): ) at the Merrill Auditorium in Portland, Maine.

A mix of patter, illusion, patter, escapology, and patter.

He and his wife took turns tying each other to chairs - while he was turning around to tell the audience that there was no way that she could get out of the ropes, she was already out. When she tied him to the chair, she had time to do quite a lengthy bit of patter - while Harry was jumping the chair around the stage, hamming up his escape - they both looked like they were actually enjoying themselves.

Rest in peace, Judge Stone.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5