Darcstaar

02830 Wolf Pack sculpted by Geoff Valley PIC HEAVY

Thanks!  I was surprised to see so much variety to gray wolf coloration.  I did my best to replicate it.

They are wonderful, and I agree that you did an amazing job on the first one with the different colors in its fur. I would be quite happy to see those on my table!

• Like 3

BONUS POINTS for painting WOLVES!!!!

Awesome!

I love the realistic colours!

• Like 2

Love all three, especially their fur patterns! 

First one I want to pet or scritch between the ears, second one clearly wants a ball or chew rope to play with, and the third.... I think the third needs a steak first to warm up and make me stop looking like a talking, dancing steak. At least going by their expressions anyways... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Haha 2

I just picked these up myself.

great inspiration here. I may “borrow” your references.....

animals are easily my fav subjects, and you did these perfectly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wickedshifty
      Loved doing this! 

• By Jeepnewbie
      Left home in a hurry for a family emergency. Grandfather having heart trouble so I’m hanging out with him helping out.

I didn’t bring any minis or paint so I found a local game store and picked up a few. I went to hobby lobby and michaels for some brushes and paint. 

The paint was extremely cheap but hey if it doesn’t work out I can do something else. Space for travel is super limited (motorcycle) so I don’t want much to carry. 

I brushed on some foundation white from model color. Since I don’t have any skin tone I had to experiment making it. I am happy with the results. I’m not quite sold on the color for the armor yet. 
    • By Darcstaar
      I don’t often do WIP.
      I figured I’d start one.
      I’m still working toward Reign of Winter Adventure Path appropriate models.  Kord has a Viking vibe.

He’s been trimmed, washed, brown-liner primered.  I removed the glued on piece of his wolf pelt to get at other stuff.  I’ll glue it on later, then green stuff and finish painting.

I’m blocking in basecoats now.  Skin and furs so far.
    • By Auberon
      In the 5E game I recently started played, one of the characters created a halfling bard.  I had yet to paint Lem from the Kickstarter so he received a quick paint for the tabletop last week.  Of course, that player didn't show up to last weeks game but Lem is ready when needed.  Now that I look at it I see there are a few little bits that I missed but I doubt I go back and touch him up.

• By Darcstaar
      Here's another post.
      Hellakin languished on my shelf of shame for about 5 years.  He was intended as an entry into a forum contest for painting "little people."
      Life got in the way.  I recently decided to finish him, in a little bit of a rushed fashion.

He sat and sat at the basecoat stage.  I struggled with figuring out how to do his cloak black.
      I am not too happy with it.  It reads dark blue, as I'm trying to paint black without cycling up through gray, as you'll see here:

I'm more pleased with the gold nmm on the knife than the steel.
      But, I tried to really suggest he's in a dark area by the shadowed part of the blade remaining nearly black.
      Here are some more shots of him.

I'm pretty pleased with the hair color and face:

He's got a very intense stare.
      The eyebrows didn't please me very much.
      The base is a "hollow" round base with a circle of cobblestone patterned sheet styrene from a model railroad supply hobby shop that I painted up to give him a feeling of being in a dungeon.
      If I wanted to spend more time on him, I'd paint his toenails and fiddle more with the knife.  I originally had a thought to try to paint shadows and light on the base to make it seem like he's sneaking up on someone to backstab from the shadows.  I gave up on that ;)
      Overall, he fills a missing niche among my painted figures of an iconic halfling rogue.

C&C Welcome.
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)