Darcstaar

03556 Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin, sculpted by Sandra Garrity

That is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation. The metalwork AND his WONDERFULLY expressive face are OUTSTANDING...they suit the righteous Warrior's persona well. VERY WELL DONE!

I love this sculpt and you did a great job bringing him to life.  Your colour choices make him feel like he is surrounded in light.  I love it.

Great job! Don't think I've seen this figure before, but your version makes me like it enough to buy one of my own.

I am not sure I would have noticed that the front detail was sculpted while the back was freehand if you hadn't mentioned it.  Definitely a job well done.  I'm also terribly partial to the color scheme since our local high school also has green and white as it's colors.  You have a lucky friend!  ^_^ 

• Like 1

Being able to produce a piece like that must be nice ... almost half as nice as being able to share it with an old friend I'll wager ... nice.

@DavePgh I love to hear this!  Thank you.

@LittleBluberry Thank you, it was a pain, but worth it in the end.

@Boaz He’s a great friend.  We were lucky enough to go to the same college, and were roommates for a few of those.  We try to get a game going when he comes to town to visit his parents.  I’m sure he’d be happy even if it was my first mini!  Thank you.

• Like 2

Beautiful!  I love your color choices and the gold came out great!

I wish I could paint eyes like that.  It seems like I usually get the first eye right but then struggle with the second.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      So I'm going to be starting a dwarven reclamation campaign in the fall, and I had 2 copies of the Dwarf butcher. I though it would be perfect to do one as a living butcher (who I can also use as an NPC townie) and his barbarian ancestor spirit that I can put on the table when he's a ragin'.
      So far the living butcher is mostly done (need to do his base and some touchups - I don't know how all of you are doing the eyes, because I can't see them even with a visor), and the ghostly ancestor is mostly done minus the ghostly glow I'll be drybrushing later. I do have a few process pics to post.

• By Metalchaos
      From Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms - Anthropomorphic Animals. Here is DSM8024, Fox Knight. This awesome 28mm pewter miniature was sculpted by Dave Summers. It's a three part model, the helmet and shield were painted separately before assembling. It allowed me to reach the eyes and the back of the shield much easily. I painted this one with the atypical colors of a marble fox. Your comments are very welcome.

• By Joe the Revelator
      Howdy Reaper! I haven't posted in a very, very long time, so I figured I'd get back in touch with my mini painting roots. Last night I finished my kitbash fighter. I wanted to try making a weaponmaster (great weapons) with swappable weapon parts. With magnets. The answer is always magnets.

With the exception of a few oversize weapons from old warhammer variants I had rattling around in my scraps bin, the Reaper minis I savaged for this project were: 77382: Vernone, Ivy Crown Knight, 03447: Weapons Pack 7, and 60113: Technic League Captain.

And yes. I made fun screaming sounds under my breath when I detached their heads with my wire cutters.

Magnets were socketed with super-glue.

Plumber's putty for the base, with flat metal inserts for the magnets. Although, on reflection, Greenstuff would have been less crumbly.

My base coat was yellow (not show) so it would have a slight sepia bleed-through. I washed with a black mix, mostly water, so he would look grungy. Very grungy.

And lastly, the weapons (which affix to the raw metal shards at the base) are differentiated by having brass parts. All the other weapons (static parts) are from the assortment pack.

It's all about the accessories, right?

Anyway, thank you Reaper for being awesome and having so many great models, although I'm slightly sad I cut the head off a Bobby Jackson sculpture (that's why I bought 2!) And thanks to the painters here who showed me everything I know. I'm still growing.

Warm Regards,

Joe
    • By dmpv01
      AKA Dorva Shinystab Strongface

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)