bojesphob

New conversion with some Reaper and a Privateer Press mini

So, none of these minis are even available.... yet... lol (except the undead pirate captain) But, I had a really cool idea for a conversion to use as a display piece. Privateer Press is coming out with a piece of a ship that's been separated from the rest and is being transported by spirit energy (or sorts LOL). This is what it looks like painted by them:

Skarre3_Sm.png

The idea here would be to not include the Skarre or her minions, but get this guy set up at the helm:

03615_w_1.jpg

Then, when Bones 4 ships, I could even add some of these that I have coming in my pledge:

17121.jpg

What do you think? Yay or nay? Am I crazy to even want to attempt it?

Edited by bojesphob
  • Like 16

No, not crazy; I think it's a cool idea.

Crazy would be to mount it in the arms of the Kraken, instead of the "spirit energy".  :lol:  Convert the Kraken so it's tilting at more of an upward angle, with the tentacles pointing upwards.   Hey, it even has the front end of the ship on the base. ::):

77291_w_1.jpg

• Like 12

What did I step into?!  You are all nuts for having things like this run through your heads!!  Looking forward to the Kraken attacking undead pirate ship conversion you do. :P

• Like 4

Indeed ! Go for it!

At least it's not a crazy idea like waiting for Bones IV and have either the Zombie Shark or the Dragon Turtle draw it.

And I might want one!

• Like 2

There are some lovely ship wreck models in the aquarium section of some of the pet stores that would work in lieu of the Privateer Press piece if you can't wait.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, i have painted a Kraken already from Reaper, so I wouldn't probably go that route, but that would definitely make it interesting!

I'll have to make sure i have the funds to get the Reaper model. Also makes me not want to wait for Reaper Bones 4 to ship LOL Will be interesting!

On 4/19/2018 at 9:26 AM, malefactus said:

There are some lovely ship wreck models in the aquarium section of some of the pet stores that would work in lieu of the Privateer Press piece if you can't wait.

Interesting idea :) Although, I'd still have to wait for the ghost pirates since those won't be coming with the rest of my Bones 4 pledge until next year, and those are what gave me the idea!

• Like 5

I love the styling of the back of the ship, with the little ... well, what's the term for them?  Bartizans?  Bastions?  Whatever it is those little "side-tower" structures are called.  I've got more than enough Mega Bloks ships to last me a good while, but now I wish I could justify doing some sort of a conversion job to add fancy little details like this.

• Like 1