Sign in to follow this  
Geoff Davis

DSM5012 Lannister Lady in Waiting

The dress and hair are lovely! I really like the autumny orange you picked. 

• Like 1

That collar bone is an inspiration.

I imagine it was very frustrating before you learned the eyes are closed!  I've never even seen a mini with closed eyes before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goop said:

I've never even seen a mini with closed eyes before.

One of the strumpets from 02655: Townsfolk III is sculpted so that she's winking at a customer, and I think there are a couple of bards singing with their eyes closed as well... But it's not a common thing, since the eyes do so much for setting a character's expression.

You used to see more figures with closed eyes back in the old days - sleeping characters, singing drunks, an occasional spellcasting wizard, etc., but there aren't a lot of those types of figures being made these days.

I've always liked this figure and have been meaning to get one since I first saw her.

The color on the dress is wonderful.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

I think too, from personal experience, Tom Meier eyes are usually, especially in his modern work, extremely small, even when they are wide open!  This is beautiful all around!

• Like 2

Yup, the dress is awesome.  I also like the base; it's nothing too complex, but suits the mini.  There's no way she'd be wearing that dress anywhere except a castle with scrupulously clean floors.

• Like 1