TheAuldGrump

Richard Pett's 'The Blight'

Very tempted to run this - either after Megan's Eberron game or my Starjammer game.

Anyone running this?

The Auld Grump - If I do get to run it, I plan to have a bulletin board graveyard for dead PCs.... The place is nasty....

Not yet. I'm hoping to, but I'm waiting on the HeroLab & Realmworks files to be released before I do. 

It could be a couple of years as I am currently running The Slumbering Tsar and they party hasn't gotten to the Temple City yet after a year of playing.  

The Blight breaks the rules fir settlement size - with a population of three million.

Necromancy is legal - and is part of what allows the city to function.. (Cabs drawn by dead ogres that have been cut in half, using their arms to pull their passengers through the streets.)

Deep ones Skum working the docks.

And I need to get another Sophie Scribe for the true ruler of the city - Demoriel the Twice Exiled Seductress, an arch-devil.

77491_w_1.jpg

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

Megan's Eberron game has done a very good job of convincing me that I need to use Lorefinder for both The Blight and for my Regency Space game.

Already using it in Regency Space, and the more I use it the more I like it.

The Auld Grump

• Thanks 1

Also considering fonts - so far Hans Fraktur, Freebooter, and Avignon are definite for titles, Goudy Old School and Hand Tooled for text.

hans-fraktur_font_preview_characters.gif

Hans Fraktur

155a474c210444fb9419e20b46bc26e6.png

Avignon.

freebooter.png

Freebooter

I think The Blight will be the campaign after Regency Space. (Or after Megan's Eberron game - but I hope that takes a while. ::): )

The Auld Grump - tired enough that I am focusing on minutiae.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:20 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Also considering fonts - so far Hans Fraktur, Freebooter, and Avignon are definite for titles, Goudy Old School and Hand Tooled for text.

hans-fraktur_font_preview_characters.gif

Hans Fraktur

155a474c210444fb9419e20b46bc26e6.png

Avignon.

freebooter.png

Freebooter

I think The Blight will be the campaign after Regency Space. (Or after Megan's Eberron game - but I hope that takes a while. ::): )

The Auld Grump - tired enough that I am focusing on minutiae.

You hate our eyes, don't you? Hans Fraktur is really, really hard to read.

Hans Fraktur you stoopid Fire! NOT Hand Fracture!

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Haha 2

More figures for The Blight -

77499_w_1.jpg

77627_w_1.jpg

77526_p_1_mp.jpg

A trio of golems - though the Shipwreck Revenant is going to have some undead elements going on.

77326_p_1_mp.jpg

I need to get a couple of new lemures - since the ones from the Bones KS ended up as Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

And... if I need a Ragefire Elemental, this fellow from Mantic should fit the bill -

mg-kwa401-0.jpeg

Mind you, one of those showing up probably means that the party messed up somewhere....

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Knowing absolutely nothing about the setting, I can't resist.. 

You mean the last guy ISN'T the baker??? O_o

Finding a lot of overlap between The Blight and the core worlds of the Regency Space game - pretty obvious that Pett and I use similar sources.... I have a scenario where the PCs need to break into a prison hulk, The Blight has a scenario where the PCs need to break out of a prison hulk....

Suggested Reading -  Kellow Chesney, Donald Thomas, Henry Mayhew - who all have excellent books titled The Victorian Underworld. Henry Mahew's work is especially good - being first person accounts from the time, and is a lot more involved, encompassing several volumes. The proper title of the first volume is The London Underworld in the Victorian Period: Authentic First-Person Accounts by Beggars, Thieves and Prostitutes (v. 1)

Victorian Mugshots

The Auld Grump - we both looked at London between about 1750 and 1890.... (With especial attention for The Year of the Eights.)

Edited by TheAuldGrump