Thoramel

50299 Post Apocalyptic Hunter

Very good camouflage.

For the gun look on line for any of the many suitable NMM tutorials. Undercoat in black and then use successively lighter shades of grey for the metal parts. Browns or greens for the gun furniture:

5adf55b2de96b_Para2.thumb.JPG.d6a075f8de1eda62b6d5764e1249a78c.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The camo looks great!

As paintybeard pointed out there are many NMM tutorials out there but there are also a lot of TMM (True Metallic Metal) tutorials as well.  Most of these will have you using different color inks to add shade.  

My breakdown of quick NMM:

You could start by thinning out some black ink and brushing that into any shaded areas.  Use really thin ink and build the shadows up (or down).  Also be accurate with the ink, only put it where you want shadows to be do NOT apply like a wash.  Once you have these down you can start playing with other ink colors to achieve other effects.

You should check out Vince Venturella he has tons of videos that cover subjects like these.

• Thanks 1

Even if you are using true metallics, NMM techniques will improve the look of your metals. I use a range of metallic shades, (eg from adamantium black, Through the steel triad, to shining mithril) with true blacks at the farthest end. 

modern firearms are often colored (any color, but typically black) and non-metallic, so paint them as you would paint any non-metal  surface.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all, there's some great advice given. I'm currently working on a project to give guns to goblins so I should have a chance to try a few MMM techniques in the near future. 

Good job on him!

Vulture's advice on painting modern firearms is exactly what I was going to say, too.

• Thanks 1

Excellent camo

• Thanks 1