Sign in to follow this  
willmontgomery

Black Caps for Reaper Dropper Bottles

I have some Reaper-produced HD paints that came with white caps.

I would like to obtain some black caps, in order to avoid the psychic pain of having paints that aren't configured properly. But the only caps that I could find in the Reaper store were white caps.

Is there any hope for me? By which I mean, is there any hope that I could obtain black caps (for Reaper dropper bottles) from the webstore?

Edited by willmontgomery
correct spelling

The black versus white caps are there to help organize, if that helps you. HD line has black, Masters line has white. 

Understood.

And it would help me, except that I have some HD paints that came with white caps. And that's not helping me -- in fact it's threatening to drive me a little (more) crazy every time I think about it. That's what I'm trying to rectify -- the unnatural union of HD paints with white caps.

Edited by willmontgomery
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, HD Caps are now grey, not black.

The automated paint pumping machine will cycle a handful of caps in the previous color during the change over.  It happens often.

Only the white caps are available for purchase.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My last round of ordering paints only had Masters this time. *shrug* 

Thanks for the update, Ladystorm :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer, even if (apparently) I now need to dread the turmoil to be introduced in the future by a third cap color (gray).

Edited by willmontgomery
  • Like 1

Get some cheap shrink-wrap tubing for 18650 batteries. 

(Search on ebay for it)

It fits nicely on the caps, and will allow you to use more colours for organisation.

(I use orange for 'special edition' paints, and red for 'discontinued'. You could also add a colour for the liners, washes and so on. )

• Like 4

I usually use a small clothes iron, set it on low place it upside down on my desk, then roll the cap with the tubing around on it.   

A hair dryer is just a bit too weak for this use. 

Electronics shops (for building your own circuitry) would have heat guns that would do the job. I used them when I was a soldering monkey for the physicists. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the cost of a solution like this goes up when it would necessitate acquiring an appliance -- heat gun or iron -- to implement.

Nevertheless, it bears thinking about.

Well, there’s always the rattle can solution. Spray paint the caps with flat black. That kills off the grey ones too.

Could always get creative and paint them all in freehand designs too. But that’s a bit overboard....

... and something I’d really like to do now. Curse you full time job!!! 

• Like 5

On 4/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, willmontgomery said:

I have some Reaper-produced HD paints that came with white caps.

I would like to obtain some black caps, in order to avoid the psychic pain of having paints that aren't configured properly. But the only caps that I could find in the Reaper store were white caps.

Is there any hope for me? By which I mean, is there any hope that I could obtain black caps (for Reaper dropper bottles) from the webstore?

I'm sure there must be some way to buy the black caps by themselves, but you can always buy a bag of bottles with the right caps. Just make sure you get the bottles with blunt dropper tips and caps, and not the ones with skinny tips. Amazon has a cheap 50 pack of tiny 5ml bottles that should work just fine. Search for "TOPWEL 5ml 50pcs Empty Plastic Dropper Bottle/dropping Bottles with Black Cap(drops of Plug Can Removable)plastic Bottle Eye Liquid Dropper".

Images in the spoiler:

Spoiler

You want bottles with tips like these:

31fTUU9WNUL.jpg

NOT pointy tip ones like this:

71gX8niJ7XL._SL1500_.jpg

The 15ml bottles are way more useful for re-bottling paint or putting water or Gunk in, but they're pricier than the tiny bottles, and the 15ml bottles with black caps on Amazon seem to have the pointy tips and caps.

• Like 3

Good find.

At the worst, you can swap your white caps for the black caps. Empty eye droppers come in handy, even without caps.

I have some airbrush medium as thinner, and just use a paper clip as a "cap". The paper clip is useful to unclog paints!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, willmontgomery said:

I would like to obtain some black caps

They're available from a variety of manufacturers for pennies: you can buy 100 black caps (size 15/415) from General Bottle Supply for $7.50. However, the cheapest option for shipping for that order would probably be $15.00. Ouch!