Sign in to follow this  
alchemist

Ral Partha AD&D Catoblepas

I think she is supercute :wub: !!!

Awesome painting, the face is superb!

That is one of those miniatures that I always liked but never bought/painted. It is a delightfully silly creature that you have BEAUTIFULLY painted & placed in a LOVELY setting.

The Beasty has a WONDERFULLY expressive face. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malefactus said:

That is one of those miniatures that I always liked but never bought/painted. It is a delightfully silly creature that you have BEAUTIFULLY painted & placed in a LOVELY setting.

ditto

1 minute ago, malefactus said:

ditto

• Like 1

Niiiice.  I bought one of these last year and it's still in the blister because I had no idea what to paint it as.  Your colour scheme is just what I'm looking for, so I will steal it to use on my own.

Uh, I mean, craft a loving, inspired tribute to your excellent hard work.

*yoink* 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pillpeddler said:

Btw... is this still readily available for purchase?

It's an old licensed TSR Ral Partha so is no longer in production and, due to licensing, probably never will be again.

They can be found on eBay from $20-$80 US depending on condition and packaging.  

• Like 2

really nice!

mine has been primed since it came from the blister back in the day....

I think it is staring at me now...

Does she have thumbs for the needlepoint? If not, she's extra super duper talented! 

• Like 1

Only use that critter one time in game ... my cousin had a crazy paladin with an intelligent sword that would resurrect him 7 times a week ... ya I know kooky ... sooo, *you open a door and see a 80' hallway leading to another door ... my sword detects for traps ... o, no traps detected ... he boldly walks down the hall ... he drops dead, no trap, just an illusionary wall in front of a magical ever full feeding trough and a chained up board catoblepas ... 5 out of 7 lives in that one room.

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody,

so my Shadowrun quest goes on, and I just finished the last of a quartet of street mages.  I think I'm enjoying these because the color schemes are different than I usually use, and I don't feel at all odd about painting different and punky hair colors with the game and the figures conceptualized by in the eighties and nineties.

Anyways, here's another street mage, and Elven Combat Mage, hope you enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so I'm slowly working my way through some Shadowrun figures, and here is my latest one.  This is number three of a set of four Street Mages, one more left to go on the set.

Tried to use pretty much just greys, blues and purples, didn't want too much contrast!

So anyhoos,  not too much metal on this figure, which was kind of nice.  Next one hopefully in a few days to complete the set!
    • By 72moonglum
      So here's the last of the trilogy I was working on, another Shadowrun figure that I finished this morning so that I could start a little vacation tomorrow without any pending figures to distract me. She's a Dennis Mize piece, female gang member with pistol from the great old Shadowrun line

As with the other ones I'll eventually photograph her with the set of four figures in total she comes with, so kept her off a base and just painted the base she came with. Otherwise, the four figures with such large bases wouldn't fit in the photo. These bases in themselves are pretty large so she's pretty stable on it, even though she's kind of teetering on the back side of it.

So enjoy, more miniature mayhem when I get back!

• By 72moonglum
      So I continue painting Shadowrun figures, really enjoying them a lot! 

Tonight's figure is another mage, a Corporate Mage with staff.  I see a few spots I'm not too fond of, but overall not too disappointed. I actually like how her black leather boots turned out!

An odd little aspect of the figure is that curly, frizzy hair she has.  I've seen a number of Dennis Mize sculpts with that hair style. Not really sure why he did that. It was suggested to me that it's because he used often the same heads over again, but still makes me wonder why he did the frizz in the first place

Working on her at the same time as I've been working on another gal with the same flesh tones, so hopefully I'll have another one ready soon!
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!

So just finished another Shadowrun figure, a Street Mage with a Moon Staff. I'm not sure if the sculptor is Dennis Mize, I'm almost sure it is, but her face is a little different than a typical Mize piece.  

I'm going to eventually paint the entire set she came with, a bunch of Street Mages, which is why I didn't actually put her on a base, but rather painted the one she came with. It's pretty large and stable and when the other three are finished I'll want to photograph them all together, and if they're all on bases, they might not fit comfortably in the photo.  So more to come!  Really enjoying these Shadowrun figures. 
      This figure I like in particular because it kind of could fit just about anywhere, she could be fantasy without any guns or modern weaponry or technology tying her down,  or she could still fit in with the "post-modern" Shadowrun vibe.

I may end up basing her eventually, because I really do prefer figures be on bases because they wouldn't be touched so much.

So, anyhows, hopefully you like her!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)