Real Nice brush control, and well applied color !

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

Real Nice brush control, and well applied color !

Thanks Jasonator! He's kind of a typical generic "good" cleric, so I think the colors were hopefully appropriate!

• Like 1

I really like this guy! He's crisp and consistent, and the colors are very well selected! 

• Like 1

Well done!

This is a good look for him!

That arrow symbol he's holding, he gives off the vibe: Heaven is that way! Shall I send you there with my hammer, infidel?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well done!

This is a good look for him!

That arrow symbol he's holding, he gives off the vibe: Heaven is that way! Shall I send you there with my hammer, infidel?

He's just trying to serve the faithful I'm guessing. The best thing about the arrow is it's flexible. If you point it down, guess where you're going!

• Haha 2

Great job, especially on the cloak and face!

And +1 to you for painting another HackMaster figure. I used to play HackMaster 4e and loved it. I'm glad to see Partha rescue these cool figs. Do you happen to have their female dwarf, the one with the beard?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madog Barfog said:

Great job, especially on the cloak and face!

And +1 to you for painting another HackMaster figure. I used to play HackMaster 4e and loved it. I'm glad to see Partha rescue these cool figs. Do you happen to have their female dwarf, the one with the beard?

I most certainly do! Here she is:

I've been trying to go through all the Hackmaster player characters I have gotten a hold of and getting them painted up.  After I run out of them, I'll start working on their monsters!

I really have been enjoying painting these!  I really like Jim Johnson's and Bob Olley's sculpting styles!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      At least once a year, I like to convert up a Hired Sword in sacrifice to the eventual resurrection of Mordheim.

This guy was an Age of Sigmar Bloodreaver in his previous life.

• By 72moonglum
      So an EDIT:  I changed up the photos and added one more different view because I took them from a slightly lower angle

So it looks like Frost Giants are all the rage these days on the forums, so I'll add one more, eventually two.  I have been watching Patrick Keith's frost giant queen ever since she came out on the Bones Kickstarter and got her not too long ago, but didn't feel that I could actually start on her until I got some of my older frost giant pieces out of the way. The first two on the docket are John Dennett's classic Frost Giants from the Grenadier's Giant's Club, where each giant set came with the piece of a map and an obelisk. I'm not sure if after collecting all these you were able to send them in for something?

Anyhoos, here is the female frost giant, one of my all time favorite figures. I'm working still on the male frost giant who is a little more labor intensive, but I'll get him finished one of these days hopefully soon.

and some of the face's close ups because I think I took the farther away photos from a higher angle which didn't quite capture the face.

One thing I've found out especially towards the end of this project is that super glue and tight spaces really don't match and I managed to get the snow around and in a few places where it shouldn't be, including over the left hand's fingernails, which I took painstaking time and effort to make nice, only to get them covered by snow.

The snow I used came from some modeling snow I had bought years ago. Up until now I'd been using baking soda for my snow effect, but I worried a bit that over the time it might yellow (time will tell I guess) and it would not look so nice in a few years. 

In case anybody's interested, here’s the WIP I've been working with:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81156-grenadier-frost-giants/
      where you can also see ongoing process on the male as well.

Anyhows, I hope you all enjoy taking a gander as much as I enjoyed painting her!

• By Lord_Ashenwyte
      Hey everyone,

Having spent the last 4 weeks away from any sort of miniatures (Fun vacation tho!), I'm super eager to paint again, and with my return flight being tomorrow, I thought I'd make this thread as a sort of documentation/to-do list. I want to clear my backlog because I'll be frank I'm sick of staring at unpainted plastic every day and I want to do something remotely productive in these remaining four weeks I have free. I have mostly Warhammer miniatures, though there is some Mantic and Reaper stuff in there. 

First of all to be done is this charming fellow. 

A Stormcast chap who I first tested sculpting fur on, which I'm reasonably happy with. A closer look at the fur, which does look like guacamole in this picture.

Right now it's a standard basecoat and drybrush fur, but I will re-doing the fur and wet blend it to something like what this fellow has.

Have a nice day! 

• By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, this one I finished this morning, an old knight from Ral Partha.  I think it's sculpted by Julie Guthrie, but not 100% sure.  My biggest problem was what to put on the shield, and my freehand is pretty rudimentary, sonot so perfectly sure how it came out.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy him.

• By MKCS
      What a find!  I stumbled across this guy at a little hole in the wall second hand store.  Not bad for $5!  The box lid was missing, but I knew exactly what it was once I saw it.
      One of the dragons horns was broken, and I decided to leave it. 

Some time ago I painted the Ral Partha version of this exact model.  (It’s posted in the forum, but I don’t know how to attach, and that kinda wizzy computer stuff). Anyway I told myself when I painted the Ral red, “I wish I could get another and paint it blue”. While I’m still partial to my red, this blue is pretty nice!

As always C&C welcome and appreciated.  I hope you like it.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)