Hi all!

Just recently finished painting my first Ral Partha figure: a heavy-armored warrior and a pretty dragon! :wub:

20180425_204124.thumb.jpg.08c8f598fba3f3695e0186346e55b66e.jpg

Getting the pieces to fit together was a bit of a hassle (maybe it was a bad mould?), but after I got that sorted out I decided to go to with a classic blue dragon look.

20180425_203505.thumb.jpg.45b832da267bec44c5f2435f218282a2.jpg

Look at those chompers!!!

20180425_203433.thumb.jpg.f7a2cb5ccb96a8fbbb71cf56515d6d47.jpg

20180425_203522.thumb.jpg.ca7f9bfcbc649b4906c0afba59b32698.jpg

20180425_203707.thumb.jpg.8cfa87d2cfb27fd180ea172c2822d4ef.jpg

Used MSP Dragon Blue (29815) for the scales and wings, Sparkling Blue (09104) for the plate scales on the spine, and a mix of the Blonde Triad for the belly scales, horns, and wings.

20180425_203645.thumb.jpg.2af8e7ad4d012dae695d882fa2341be5.jpg

20180425_203522.thumb.jpg.ca7f9bfcbc649b4906c0afba59b32698.jpg

20180425_203246.thumb.jpg.07cc8951f4448ea3783109346cb73441.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this one. Certainly earned a display place on my desk.

20180425_203613.thumb.jpg.aa0dcd95aa14c4aadf1600cf9723af12.jpg

• Like 20

16 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Very nicely done! I've never seen this figure before. I'm guessing Bob Olley?

Thanks very much! ::):

Just checked the box: It is indeed sculpted by Robert Olley!

• Like 1

cool! I think the blues are great for a chaos lord's dragon.

Man, kudos for digging up an Olley sculpt Ive never seen, either.

Edited by vulture
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, EldritchEladrin said:

Thanks very much! ::):

Just checked the box: It is indeed sculpted by Robert Olley!

Thanks for confirming even though the style kind of gives it away! It's really interesting how many sculptors are so easily recognizable.

• Like 2

Fantastic work here!

It's always nice to see old school figures getting a cool paint job.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, In the wait of playing Scourge of the Howling Horde adventure, I recently painted these two nuisances. Inspired by Anne Foerster work displayed in Reaper's Online Store, I went with the classical orangish skin tone and dark leather color. I also added war paints on their face and limbs. 07003 Dungeon Dwellers Bloodbite Goblins sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Ziba the Efreeti (although I've gone for more of a giant, scary woman version) who was Marchs Bones Black promo mini.

I think I did a pretty good job with her head, the rest not so much, but I had fun painting her.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Zanderina
      Hello all! 

@Echoside_ challenged me to do this! 

I attached the colors that were rolled and a pic of the dragon lined. Sorry for the short post,  but it serves purposes. 

Cheers! 
      -Z

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

So last night finally finished this little lady, a very petit mage sculpted by Julie Guthrie in the early eighties.  With this one, I kind of felt that her shoes were so petite that I didn't want to put neither grass nor cornmeal (for dirt) in front of them, as to not completely cover them up, so I just did a super simple base without anything.  

I really like this figure and didn't realize how much detail she has until I got her primed and really started working on her.  I had no idea she had a rose on the top of her staff for example.

and all the bangles she's got on and  with the chains on her left hand, couldn't really appreciate it in her unpainted state.  Before I primed her, she kind of reminded me of the Julie Guthrie Hill Giant I painted recently, where you couldn't be sure how her face was going to really look, but when you got her primed and painted she looked a lot more decent.  

I thought the highlights on the cape were going to pop out a little bit more, but oh well. Next time I'll do deeper shadows and higher highlights!

So hope you all enjoy!
      Mark
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 124 Guests (See full list)