Darsc Zacal

Exo - Mankind Reborn : A miniatures boardgame by Plast Craft Games

Kickstarter is live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plastcraftgames/exo-mankind-reborn-board-game

IMG_1637.thumb.JPG.6e36fb3c1f57fe5e9e63f33e8279b955.JPGAn upcoming kickstarter by Plast Craft games, an established maker of terrain for various genres.

This is their first foray into miniatures as well as an actual game. 

Should note that English is not their first language, but they've been very responsive whenever I've sent a query about one of their buildings.

The link below is to a draft of the kickstarter not the kickstarter itself which will launch on May 2nd.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plastcraftgames/188567321?ref=7ixtq3&token=ba9b33cc

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

No clue on the game but the mini design is rad so far. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

No clue on the game but the mini design is rad so far. 

I agree. They've hired an excellent sculptor.

I have seen videos of koalas trying to attack people before. They're not especially enthusiastic about it, and are kinda slow. I think I'll stick w/the grizzly bear side-kick.

Edit - I take that back... they have a fracking bionic lion!!!! I'm playing that!

Edited by Chrome
  • Haha 3

They now have a miniatures only pledge level for those who want the core set of figures without the game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a successful Kickstarter with 22 out of the last 25 days being negative funding, including the last 13 days in a row of the campaign. That's impressively bad.

Exo Mankind Reborn (running now) has almost the exact same curve:
dailypledges.png
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Suden said:

Exo Mankind Reborn (running now) has almost the exact same curve:
dailypledges.png

So what has caused that situation? With Confrontation the cause of the funding drop is pretty clear.

Edited by Olaf the Stout

I went into the Exo comments section, and a lot of people are talking about whether or not the game is a good enough value for their asking price.  Honestly, I kind of think that's not enough to explain this kind of a graph.

It isn't a very big kickstarter (about 100k Euros right now).  Unlike Confrontation, the brand doesn't have that legacy aspect to it.

Has the campaign been run very poorly?  Have there been any shenanigans about the company structure?  Has there been any major changes to gameplay?

I'd add too much competition. Heck, CMON just launched another KS today, and had one earlier this month.

Black Rose just ended. But Arcadia Quest Riders, Orc Quest, Hellboy, Skull Tales, and Anno Domini are still going. 

PlastiCraft is also not known for its miniatures games. I expected a terrain set bundle. :mellow:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, odinsgrandson said:

I went into the Exo comments section, and a lot of people are talking about whether or not the game is a good enough value for their asking price.  Honestly, I kind of think that's not enough to explain this kind of a graph.

I didn't notice people complaining about value, it was the ones talking about replayability that caught my eye. They're gunshy about buying a board game that won't get played a second or third time I guess.

Those elements still don't seem like enough to make the kickstarter drop that consistently.   Those are definitely reasons why some backers would ditch, but I still feel like there should be something more to explain the consistently dropping totals.

I mean, they need to start off with something that makes people interested enough to click 'pledge' and then make those same people disappointed/angry/apathetic enough to drop.  With Confrontation, they had some $1 backers who were continually repeating all the red flags (there were a lot) and the creators were barely communicating.

I can see the competition hitting it pretty hard, but if people are all dropping to back something else, that should hit a lot of games (not just this one).

Have the stretch goals and reveals been lackluster?  Has the communication been bad?  Did they release a rulebook that looks terrible?  Is anyone suggesting that the company is untrustworthy?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      I was in on the Chibi project they did earlier this year and it was delivered on-time and the quality was good.  This looks like an interesting assortment of figures, including good deals on  bunch of Heartbreaker stuff!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/impact-miniatures-presents-the-lost-ks-mini-projec?ref=friends_launched

Their synopsis:

Not All Minis go to Heaven
       Impact! believes that lost and forgotten or unmade miniatures shouldn't stay lost to the hard drive abyss they've been relegated to.  
      Whether they were from discontinued lines, failed or undelivered projects we think they deserve to be resurected, brought into the light, and that's why this project is dedicated that end.   
      Today we give you a chance to get minis that are either no longer available, or never made it the light of day.  
      Over the past year Impact! has reached out to different Kickstarter Creators whose lines of miniatures failed to fund, were never got delivered or finished, or simply were discontinued after an initial printing run.     
      We've licensed or outright purchased everything shown in this project and now all that is left raise the capital for molds and materials and bring these amazing miniatures to backers to you, your friends, and your families and for gamers on tables everywhere! 
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno-0?ref=discovery

About
                                        1 CHF = 0,88 EUR = 1,02 USD
      Through this project we want to expand our new series of collectibles miniatures inspired by The Divine Comedy, the Dante Alighieri's poem, the book that recounts about the mystical and fabulous journey that the italian poet Dante Alighieri accomplished through the three realms of the afterlife: INFERNO, PURGATORIO and PARADISO.  
      Last year we have completed an amazing campaign here on Kickstarter dedicated to the launch of the first figures of this new series. The welcome that the project received was exceptional and many backers asked us about the characters of the poem of Dante Alighieri that we didn't produce during the first wave of releases. Well, in this campaign you'll find the expansion: a second series of figures inspired by The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri is ready to be produced, they are just waiting your support.
      1. You'll get the NEW miniatures of Dante's Inferno series several months before their official launch: these figures are NOT going to be released soon!!  
      2. Our designs are unique, we take care carefully about every detail of our productions in order to offer you the most spectacular miniatures for your collection.  
      3. Geryon is KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE, it means that this creature won't be available in the future! This Kickstarter is your only chanche to get it.  
      4. The other amazing figures will NOT have the same price when released: their price on Kickstarter is the cheaper price.  
      5. You're a fan of Aradia and your support will allow this company to continue to bring out fantastic models and dioramas - real pieces of art.  
      6. We have already managed successfully 2 Kickstarter campaigns in the past and intend to stand for it in the future.  
      7. We are equipped to produce high quality resin miniatures in large quantities and ship them in a reasonable time.  
      8. Returning Backers receive extra bonus.  
      9. You'll have the possibility to buy Add-Ons from previous series of Dante's Inferno at Kickstarter prices and get freebies.  
      10. You'll be part of a fantastic adventure to make this project reality for us all, keeping alive this unique miniatures series based on The Divine Comedy: Dante's Inferno.
      There are 2 kind of backers for this campaign, the old heroes who already descended to Inferno and are not afraid to return in that gloomy place and the new heroes who are descinding right now.  
      We have planned, for some add-ons, 2 different prices: one for "returning backers" and another one for "new backers".  
      - RETURNING BACKERS = Backers who already backed our first campaign of Dante's Inferno during 2017 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno  
      - NEW BACKERS = Backers who are backing Dante's Inferno for the first time  
      ALL THE BACKERS OF THIS CAMPAIGN WILL BECOME AUTOMATICALLY "RETURNING BACKERS" IN THE NEXT ARADIA KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN, BEING ABLE TO ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF "RETURNING BACKERS".
    • By Natakue
      Super Chibi Round 4 form Midknight Heroes is now LIVE on Kickstarter. Time to get your chibi on! Please if you can spread the word we would appreciate it. This time around we are packed with a ton of great chibis with characters like Nona the Uni mage, Tenago the Dwarven 1/2 Dragon and Sakura the gang enforcer from Sector 7. Not to mention we have some amazing stretch goals planned including a new bust. Stop by and take a look.

Kickstarter Link: https://tinyurl.com/y7kxdjx8

Natakue

P.S.take a look at our core characters.

Nona, Uni Mage

Sakura 

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)