Morihalda

Getting to Know You, May 2018

20 hours ago, Morihalda said:

May 14: What is your favorite way to relieve or temporarily escape stress?

Listening to music, with or without a small glass of single malt. Also, imagining and sometimes writing encounters for 5e.

I find that most of my stress these days comes from organization/scheduling and other highly-structured tasks. As a result, I find the greatest relief doing creative, less structured activities.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Morihalda said:

May 15: Is there a mini or model that you love but have been too afraid to paint? 

Several! I have a couple of Studio McVey limited edition resins that I am still working up the courage to begin. And I have a copy of Joek Minis' "The Dragon Hunter" that looks so fragile that I'm scared to even take it out of the box!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

May 15: Is there a mini or model that you love but have been too afraid to paint? 

Just got http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Telephone/sku-down/80037 and planning to gift it in September to my wife, but the coming detailing (writing!) are keeping me from starting. Having finished all of 1 mini at this point.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Hmm... generally I'll paint anything,  but some of the infamy figures i just don't think I'll do them justice

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Some of those delicate darksword minis, with their teensy tiny eyes.

• Like 8

I'm on my second copy of Tom Meier's Swan Boat (a flying boat with swan parts and an elf princess), having sold the first one because it was too intimidating.  All the white...

• Like 6

On 5/14/2018 at 7:39 AM, Morihalda said:

May 14: What is your favorite way to relieve or temporarily escape stress?

Finding a quiet spot to sit with my eyes closed for a while works best for me.

Not really, I take the 'just get on with it' approach to painting minis.

But I do have a trio of Eldar figures who are waiting for me to figure out how to paint gems, they're covered in bajillions of them!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Morihalda said:

ALL of them. I usually need to work up the nerve to paint the ones i purchased because they were aesthetically pleasing. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I have a small collection of busts and large scale minis, every time I start one I'm terrified to ruin it.

So far so good I guess.

Especially the Roman Centurion bust and the 75mm mounted Celt  gives me the creeps and I still haven't found the nerve to paint those.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Yes, there are quite a few. No, more than that. More. More.

I'm supposed to be trying to work through at least 1 or 2 of them in an effort to kill the 'I'm not good enough' beast, but it hasn't been going too well so far. But, I'm back in the saddle, so there's still hope!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

There are a few minis that I have sitting in The Vault that I love/admire AND haven't touched. They are all highly detailed creations. I'm not really afraid to do them; it is more looking at all that fiddly stuff & thinking that "this will be a REAL drag". Being turned off by what attracted me is, I am sure, some form of mental illness.

• Like 6

For me, its probably Kaladrax that stands out the most, though to be fair there are a number of models that are on my "Ehhh, a little more experience first would be good" list.

• Like 4

yes. 

the Lovers by darksword 

the Gold Smoke Knight - Kingdom Death 

• Like 3