SamuraiJack

Iconic Mythical Collection RPG Dice Sets by Kraken Dice

The layered dice sets seem to have 3 or 4 colours, the ethereal seem to cut that to two, you can see the colours in the bar under the stretch goals pictures. So yeah ethereal kraken drops the green and dark green and goes with a teal and a darker blue colour for the ethereal.

Edited by Sibling
Spelling

We're in for nine sets, four for a friend of ours and newest addition to the DND group, two for another friend of mine and fellow dice enthusiast and three for our own household.

I think the layered mermaid are my favorite. 

It's great some of my friends are in as well, as we will get to see quite a selection. Was even thinking about not backing at all before that because of decision paralysis. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I had myself all convinced that I didn't need more dice, and then an hour before the end of the campaign, failed my save!

• Like 1

I have to admit the photos of the dice I'd seen hadn't impressed me much. Didn't see anything special or unique.

Now I'm feeling I must have missed something.

I'm with you, Darsc.  I didn't see anything special or unique either.  But I'm happy for everyone that did.

• Like 1

A tutorial for the Pledge Manager Kraken is using was shared today in an update. That bodes well for it opening up soon!

On 5/31/2018 at 7:44 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

I have to admit the photos of the dice I'd seen hadn't impressed me much. Didn't see anything special or unique.

Now I'm feeling I must have missed something.

They're not super-unique, though I haven't seen as many layered dice before and I usually quite like them.

Personally I prefer dice with pretty color combinations over super-unique ones with drawings and symbols on each side, so to each their own I suppose.

Update posted within the last hour says PM will be open tomorrow by 10AM PST and will be open for two weeks.

8 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Unfortunate there is no late pledge option.....

Reverend Shartan

According to the update, ot looks like you can.

If I have a friend who missed the project, can they still join? You can share this link to your friends and they can pre-order too: https://kraken-dice.pledgemanager.com/projects/iconic-mythical-collection-rpg-dice-sets-by-kraken/participate/

10 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Unfortunate there is no late pledge option.....

Well, yes and no . . . You can join the fun by creating an account with the PM, if you don'y already have account, and log in. They'll let you throw money at them. The down side is you don't get the Kickstarter Prices, so it truly is a Preorder situation.

When I was looking at their retail site during the KS, it looked like they had several limited runs of specific colors that had sold out.  I expect that some people are happy to pay full retail to preorder.  

10 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

When I was looking at their retail site during the KS, it looked like they had several limited runs of specific colors that had sold out.  I expect that some people are happy to pay full retail to preorder.  

I know several folks who have had no problem buying anything from their retail site. :rolleyes: