SamuraiJack

Board Gaming Table: Beast Meets Beauty

About

I have been a gamer my entire life. Early in 2017, I decided to take my years of manufacturing and construction experience and build myself a gaming table.  

I wanted something sturdy, something that I could see myself passing to my children someday. A table dedicated to gaming at night and yet able to be a beautiful piece of dining room furniture the rest of the time.  

My first gaming session with my friends ended with two of them asking how quickly they could have their own and how much it would cost. That got the wheels rolling. Two months later, I showed the tables to a large group at Grand-Con. Several hundred positive comments later and here we are.

Grand Con 2017 Grand Con 2017
295e01912ce52ad025e16aeda809963d_origina
357ffbdbbd740fa3f755dcad91520da8_origina

The designs are set. Choose from coffee, dining, and pub tables.

Coffee Table

Overall dimensions 2 foot 6 inches X 3 foot 6 inches
Internal Play Area 2 foot X 3-foot x 3.5 inches deep
Coffee Table in Knotty Pine with Hairpin Legs Coffee Table in Knotty Pine with Hairpin Legs
5723939b9d6fe9e87f0d863cfbde2f32_origina
27f3bb1cad8ae3dc358d83b4bece79b0_origina

Dining Table

Overall dimensions 3 foot 6 inches X 5 foot 6 inches 
Internal Play Area 3 foot X 5 foot x 3.5 inches deep 

Dining Table in Cherry With Two-Piece Top Dining Table in Cherry With Two-Piece Top
Dining Table in Cherry With Kona Stain Dining Table in Cherry With Kona Stain
8747e0ba9c66d9d6d2a5b040c3b7a73e_origina
Table quickly and easily converts from dining room to gaming. Table quickly and easily converts from dining room to gaming.
1c3e8192b39506ec4f9aeec8b76a743a_origina

Pub Table

Overall dimensions 4 foot 6 inches X 4 foot 6 inches  
Internal Play Area 4 foot X 4 foot x 3.5 inches deep

Pub Table in Red Oak Pub Table in Red Oak
fc10a1e7fbd53d06b60f4c96b3b22ef5_origina

• Like 3

It's a pity that if you want one built you must be in the United States..  Most other gaming tables are available internationally from the vendors. 

Neat looking table in sizes that not all of the others offer. 

I'm guessing they are just not ready to handle International shipping.. I'd guess they will have to eventually.  Per usual, the size I like does not come in the style I'd like.  (Pub table size, Kitchen table height)

Cool, but 1) moneys, 2) space, 3) I liked the ones I saw at ComicCon a bit more, and most importantly... 4) I'm saving up for a table made of orbicular granite. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      9th gate Miniatures presents Collection of Mysterious Miniature Models of Pirates Busts Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9gateminiatures/collection-of-mysterious-miniature-models-of-pirat?ref=user_menu

Lots of busts based on a certain Disney Pirate movie...

:)
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      In “A thief tale: Ars Draconis” we put ourselves in Thyra’s shoes, a young woman whose skills as a thief have turned her into one of the Citadel’s most wanted. She will be assisted by many fascinating allies who will help her solve all the puzzles hidden in this huge Victorian city, its intrigues, conspirations, and of course find the answers to the gaps in her knowledge about her past.

In an island amid the vast ocean the wind whispers rumours about an ancestral object… Thyra, a reputed thief herself, won’t let the opportunity of acquiring such an object go away, and she will try to make the most out of it – whether that implies selling it to the highest bidder or using it. But the mysterious object attracts the attention of the three factions fighting for the Citadel’s control, and they will do anything to get it for themselves… even if that means burning the city down.

"A thief tale: Ars Draconis" uses the basic mechanics that have made 2D action games wonderful and challenging, We wanted the gameplay to be familiar to all those who love the genre and at the same time to add unique elements from multiple videogame and tabletop role-playing games genres, creating an experience that invites players to stay in The Citadel.
       Experience a hectic adventure
      In this narrative, inspired in pen-and-paper roleplaying games, you will enjoy an elaborate and extensive adventure full of secrets, conspirations and charming characters who will appear along the three possible paths through which you can decide the Citadel’s destiny. Aside from the main plot you will have several sub-plots available, all of which will help Thyra see the events in a whole new light.
      We estimate about 40 to 45 hours of gameplay including all plots but... there will always be some new secret in store for you in the Broken Valley Island!
      Two heads are better than one
      Thyra won’t be living this adventure by herself — her odd friend Sokrattes will be by her side from one end to the other and advise you in key scenarios. Even better — you can switch between both of them and pick the best solution to each one of the situations you’ll have to face throughout this adventure!
      And what is more, if we reach our multiplayer goal, you will be able to play both characters at the same time with the help of a friend.
      Clean-cut pixel art
      The world in “A thief tale: Ars Draconis” revolves around a victorian city full of retrofuturistic and fantastic elements. Everything in the game, from scenarios and characters to animations, is created using traditional pixelation techniques. We aim to honor those classic games that made us, both the old and new generations, enjoy so much back in the day. To do this we rely on our pixel artist, who has more than ten years of experience in the field.

An unforgettable soundtrack
      We are decided to dedicate as much time and effort as possible to create a soundtrack able to transmit each and every sensation Thyra will feel in the numerous and assorted settings that the Citadel has to offer. To achieve that we have bet on orchestral integration with classic chiptune, giving a retro and epic feel to every situation. This being a very complex task, our studio counts on one of the best Galician musicians, who has been on tour both in Spain and Europe with renowned artists as Jose Rubio or Pacho Brea.
      Pick your weapon
      Our combat mechanics are based on old-school action games and platformers, to which we have added a wide variety of weapons and gadgets that will make for a dynamic combat, allowing Thyra to mirror the player’s preferred combat style.
      As any self-respecting thief, Thyra will have to be stealthy and always go for the most discreet way to do things. We have implemented a complete system where everything counts: the sound of our steps, the enemies’ field of vision, and even the noise we make when we knock out (or kill) any guard standing between us and our goal.
      Exploring the Citadel
      From the beginning we’ve been adamant about offering you a world in which you will be able to find the path that better suits you and shape your own story. That’s why the Citadel is an open world environment for you to explore to its full extent; be it to learn about its history, steal valuable treasures or plan your next heist as you think best.

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      An Adventure Game filled with Myth & Folklore from the heart of the Emerald Isle. 
      Based on the teen novel of the same name by Irish author Garry McElherron, MourneQuest is a cooperative board game for 2 to 4 players.
      Players assume the roles of the book's heroes and must journey in the Mourne Mountains to work together to defeat the evil Shimnavore before it is too late. On their quest they’ll encounter many enemies, including infuriating Bogbeans and terrifying Nightmares like the Banshee, the Changeling and the Dullahan. To triumph, heroes must gather charms, equipment and magical relics, to increase their powers and use their skills and combat abilities effectively.

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Did you enjoy old-school Realtime Strategy PC games like StarCraft, Warcraft, and Dune? Then this is the tabletop game for you! Gather resources, grow your empire, and Conquer your opponents!        
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Of Drow Origin is a story-centric D&D module that challenges roleplayers, power-gamers, and new players in ways not typical for most one-shot adventures due to its PVP nature without resorting to an arena-style brawl. With so much focus on the characters, I felt compelled to take them to the next level by creating their likeness as metal miniatures.
      The sculpts for this project were completed by Bobby Jackson, Micah Nichols, and Jason Wiebe. All miniatures are cast in 28mm high quality lead-free pewter. Taken within the context of the story, these characters are remarkable additions but easily stand alone as cast members of your own story. All miniatures come unpainted.  

Your funding and support is what makes Kickstarter a successful venue for creative types to launch projects and inject new ideas into the world. The tiers below are rewards for your pledges  All backers, regardless of tier, will receive a postcard with the Of Drow Origin cover art, illustrated by Mario Saggia. 
      Raiding Party: A pledge at this tier gives you one each of the following minis (Malistra Mae'tharn, Drisaer Mae'tharn, Kren Scyde, Dex'lar Scyde, and Mahari Sorn). In addition, you may select one of the Stretch Goals from any of those that are unlocked.
      Wedding Party: This reward tier gives you one of each of the following minis: (Uther Sorn, Judas Sorn, Delilah Sorn, Brutus Templeton and Mahari Sorn). In addition, you may select one of the Stretch Goals from any of those that are unlocked. 
      Full House: The Core Set plus one of each miniature for ALL unlocked Stretch Goals become yours.  
      Complete Collector: This is the tier for someone that missed the last Kickstarter and wants to participate at the highest level. You will receive:
      one copy of every miniature produced in this project including the Core Set, all unlocked Stretch Goals, and all unlocked Addons a printed copy of the Of Drow Origin game module Character Profiles and Item Cards (these make great player aides), and a beautifully printed vinyl map of Sorn Manor (48 x 33") your name added to the backer list of the second printing of this module (an exclusive reward for this tier) the opportunity to submit an NPC as one of the wedding guests in the second printing of this module (an exclusive reward for this tier) After unlocking the Core Set, Stretch Goals and Addons will be unlocked. Pledge tiers which are eligible will receive these extras as they are unlocked and additional copes will be available to purchase. Extra stretch goals will be available for $7 each, and Add-ons for $10 each.
      New Stretch Goals and Addons will be shown as they become unlocked.
      Goal: $6000
      Stretch Goal: The lovable Mastiff, Hooch, has been best friend and protector for Mahari her whole life. 
      Add-On: In either a devious manipulation, or an unfortunate accident Hooch becomes transformed into a gruesome nightmare abomination.
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)