Geoff Davis

03681 Nazera Bloodraven, Vampire

Oooh, very nice! I like the eyes as they are right now.

I went for a more scrappy version with orange-yellow eyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that of all I've seen so far, she is your best work. I really love the smooth transitions and her face is just great!

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She's off to a great start, and you've picked an excellent and classic color scheme for her! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking good ... lip ring or mold line you seem to have it all worked out ... blending behind the highlights look great ...

• Like 1

I redid some of the blending and highlights on the armour.  I can't seem to get the white paint to flow smoothly for the highlights.  I am using a mix of 50% water/25% slodri/25%flow improver which seems to be working really well with other colours but the white inevitably becomes chalky as soon as I thin it.  I am using pure white and I recall reading somewhere that one of the other reaper whites has been found to be less chalky when thinned.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I suspect I need to order some other white paints to try. 

I am considering her done for now and moving on to another project.  The show off photos are here:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80876-03681-nazera-bloodraven-vampire/

Thanks for your suggestion to do this project Inarah!

5af23daae2caa_Nazera9a.thumb.jpg.9529967479733589149121593262208d.jpg

• Like 13

If you want white which isn't chalky I recomend Zinc white (artist paint). Thought it is very transparent and has terrible tinting strength.
Just don't use it with oil paint.

• Like 1

I've also found adding matte medium or RMS matte sealer to be helpfull in thinning paints that turn chalky.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's classic vampire warrior, #02551, Monique Denoir, sculpted by Werner Klocke. She's wonderfully menacing.

She casts no shadow on the base.

WIP thread here.
    • By Geoff Davis
      89012: Lem, Iconic Bard sculpted by Derek Schubert.  This guy was supposed to be a speed paint, but I got too interested in putting diamond patterns on his clothes. 

• By Geoff Davis
      14465: Durin Dwarf Pathfinder Sgt sculpted by Tom Mason.  I never would have tried this blue and bronze colour scheme of my own choice, but one of the players in my D&D game requested it, and now I like it. 

• By Silvervane
      Well, I decided to start another WIP.  This one a sort of Halloween theme.  The Vampress  Siobhana, Vampiress by reaper.  Got some work done on her awhile ago and decided in the spirit of the season to try and finish her up.  Unfortunately I couldn't remember exactly the method I painted up the face, so I got as close as I could on the legs and hands.  Here's where she is at the moment.

As always, any C&C is always welcome.
    • By aku-chan
      Yet another new thread!

(At some point I really should think about starting a blog, or whatever the cool kids do these days, instead of cluttering up the forum with my stuff.)

While it's possibly a banning offence, I've gotta admit I don't particularly care for Sophie or her various minis, but this one really leapt out at me.

I may have made things extra hard for myself by fully assembling everything, but she has little, dainty feet so I was never going to be able to pin her to a cork.

Started with her skin (1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > 1:1:1 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown), I was trying to give her a tan, but I don't think it's as simple as adding brown to the skin colour, however the colour I did end up with is rather nice.
      It's hard to see, but she also has (slightly googly) eyes, lip and eye makeup (1:1:1:2 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown/Hexed Lichen) and eyebrows (Scarlett Red), I also basecoated her hair while I had the Scarlett Red out.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)