Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Progress:-

 

r6EHkKL.jpg16S0pgZ.jpg

 

Did a bit more to Mulchs tree, it is not a healthy tree.

Highlighted the wood with Mahogany Brown and 1:1 Mahogany Brown/Parasite Brown, and highlighted the moss with Medium Olive and 1:1 Medium Olive/Ochre Yellow.

The bumps were done in 1:1 Light Green/Off-white and the barnacle-things in Squid Pink.

Still got some fungi, maggots and a frog to paint, need to think of some colours first though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Othikent
      I did these guys a few months ago.

      I challenged myself when I painted these guys and avoided using washes. I'm very happy with the turnout.
      I'd love to hear what you all think.
    • By paintybeard
      Compared to some of their other models the 40K Imperial Sentinel is ALMOST a reasonable price.
      So for some reason I decided to do one in World War 2 German camouflage:
       

    • By NyarlaBcn
      Here my latest work. I keep trying and trying with black: highliting black. I tried with blue for a while till I was quite happy with it, and now I’m trying with grey which is more difficult... it does show here, since it completely reads as grey skin but oh well, it’s still a job I’m happy with. 
      That’s Be’lakor, one of the finest demon figures ever made by any manufacturer. First chaos everchosen, first mortal to ascend to demonhood, blessed and cursed, the lord of the dark...
       
       






    • By Geoff Davis
      I don't usually paint Warhammer miniatures, but there is a local painting contest which has very specific rules so I figured why not.  I've never entered a painting contest before, so there is no time like the present.  I've decided to carry on with my experiments in object source lighting and apply wht I've learned so far in this project.  One of the big challenges will be doing the OSL in the metallic armour of the knight.  I've never tried that before.  The two figures are "Neave Blacktalon" and "Wight King".
       
      Here is my planned layout.  The white line is to align their line of sight so they are looking each other in the eyes.  The source of light will be a big glowing rune on the ground in between them.   I chose these two figures becuase they both have cloaks that are blowing in the wind, but they are blowing in opposite directions.  That means that when they are facing each other, the wind direction is consistent.  I intend to make the grass be bent over in the same direction as well.  The wind is blowing from the wight towards the knight.  I am very tempted to name this project "Fus Ro..."  That might not be genre appropriate though. 
       

       
      I had some in progress shots of the base but I lost them somewhere.  Drag and drop error, probably.  I used milliput to make the rocky base.  I used the base of another rocky miniature to make impressions to give it texture.  The wight's foot is incorporated into his base, so I incorporated his whole base into the milliput mass.  I sculpted the runes/rock circle into the milliput and then added sand to it.  In the crevices.  I made my first big mistake at this stage.  I added the grass tufts too.  I should have waited until after I primed the whole base and then painted the ground where the grass would be attached.  My thinking was that the grass would look better if it was highlighted with the OSL effect in the same way as everything else.  However, it has proven very difficult to get paint through the grass tufts to make them shadowed underneath.  Other than that, I like the way it turned out.  I prepainted the whole base using the stone greys triad.  I highlighted the base with the greys and added white to get the areas that would be hit by the light from the rune to be brightest.  Today I spent the morning painting the OSL effects onto the base.  This lets me make sure the OSL on the figures and on the base will line up with each other and also be the same colours.
       
      I am using these for the OSL effect:
       

       
      Here is where I am at so far.  The figures are beside the base on their cork handles so you can see how they will line up eventually.  I need to darken the areas around the outside edge of the base a lot more still.  It is actually a lot darker than it look in the picture already.  I added progressively Nightshade Purple and Brown Liner to the Stone Grey for the shadow areas on the base. 
       

    • By Mutilatedlips
      Something I painted for a friend. This is tiefling #2 of 5 so far. Hoping that before he starts the new campaign that players may pick as their characters.  
       
      A short work in progress can be found on my just for fun blog/website EYEDAMAGEART 
       
         
           
       
      Fire and Ice!
       
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×