Boaz

What was your favorite D&D game hack ?

We created our own character classes, weapons, spells and what not. We also grafted bits and pieces of other game systems if we found something we liked or that worked better for whatever we were playing at the time.

We were very slow to warm to the idea of modules (what we referred to as "canned adventures") and more often than not would just use them as a quick floorplan that we would fill with our own stuff and random generated encounters. There were a few exceptions such as "The Dark Tower" and "City State of the Invincible Overlord".

• Like 1

Back in AD&D 2e days,  I once started a campaign about a world essentially going to war over an elf having become a paladin. Group scattered into the four winds before I could take that to its planned conclusion, which was to be a rather cosmos-shattering even that would make 'forbidden' race/class combinations the norm.

Unlike the actual transition to D&D 3rd ed., mine would've also seen gnomes become master reanimators obsessed with the Necrognomicon.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-tales-of-dungeons-and-doggies/description

So you have seen the minis but what about the rules doc? Well, here is just one example of the art quality thanks to the incredible talents of April Prime! Amazingly, this is still work in progress, but she is working on art for every dog and a few bonus pieces as well....hmmm..maybe art prints should be available...

Here's a small piece of Dungeons and Doggies fiction to enjoy! Every mini will have an associated 'icon character' pre generated in the rules pack,and for the Cleric role we have Cerysse, gentle but determined protector of her friends. Many thanks to Kate, our writer, for providing this and many other story pieces for the project! We will follow up with a rules preview for the Companion Domain soon!
    • By sirgourls
      Hey there! It's been awhile. I've painted a few things recently, but it's been sporadic. I have plenty of minis to paint, but have been fighting sometimes to find the mood to or to find time.

Anyway! Personal crap aside, here is my rendition of the frost giant from the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures line, which seems to be the same sculpt as the Harshnag from the Icons of the Realms series of pre painted minis.

Enough of my blabbering, on with the pics!

Unfortunately I didn't push the contrast a ton here. It's clear to see in hand, but it doesn't really show up in the photos all that well. Still good practice though. And he'll terrify my players all the same. 
    • By Szharvid
      Fire Giant i did  over the weekend.  Still a lot to do but starting to get there.
    • By Crowley
      Working up the skeleton of the adventure I'm gonna run on Wednesday, using Frosty the Lich as the big bad at the end.
      It's gonna be goofy!

He's killed some townsfolk "thumpity thump thump" and stolen the children and turned them into snow zombies (that look like snowmen).
      It's a concentration spell, so if they can break his concentration they can free the kids. If they kill a few along the way...
      Well... 

Before that though, there's the woods with Sam the Snowman (also evil, using the gladiator stat block) a treant (christmas tree), and some winter wolves.

There's also the "evil wizard" Hinkle's tower, but he's a pushover and a false lead, though they can get some info from him.

There's the greenhouse that's over run with mistletoe and poinsettia plants  (thorn and twig blights with poison/charm powers) and a pair of shambling mounds (piles of garland)...

Still trying to figure out how to work in Jack Frost and Heat Miser as a non-combat encounter... 
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here is the wolf model from Ral Partha's TSR D&D 10-512 Monsters Boxed Set produced in 1992.
      I painted this one a while ago. It's a 25mm scale metal "lead" miniature that was sculpted by Richard Kerr.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 231 Guests (See full list)