Inarah

Forum CSS change? Search bar wackiness

Am I the only one having trouble loading the forums?  I'm getting timeouts regularly, and only on this site.  Reaper's web store seems to load fine.  Anyone? 

• Like 3

It's been slow for me, but Im not sure that it isn't my phone...

I have the same experience. That's probably part of what causes the chronic double posts.

I think double posts are partially due to hitting submit buttons a second time while waiting for the loading. Hitting Refresh usually has the post posted. The forums are definitely being clunky though. 

I've been having problems for several weeks, but I'm also on a slow, highly used, shared network, so I can't say how typical my situation is or not.

What I find happens most often is I click the "Submit Reply" button, then it seems to want to save/refresh for ever. If I open another window, I see that my post was accepted even though it's still saving in the first window.

• Like 2

I'm watching it. The server isn't under appreciable load, so not exactly sure. I'll wait until the wee hours and try to run a database check.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I've been having problems and I'm on my home broadband connection or my LTE service.  I assumed it was server load, but database issues would make sense too.  

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

I've been having problems for several weeks, but I'm also on a slow, highly used, shared network, so I can't say how typical my situation is or not.

What I find happens most often is I click the "Submit Reply" button, then it seems to want to save/refresh for ever. If I open another window, I see that my post was accepted even though it's still saving in the first window.

Same here. I now habitually click my way back to the area and refresh instead of waiting for the forum to update by itself.

Haven't lost any posts, yet.

I'm using InternetExploder 11(I think) at the office, on Windooze 7, and Opera 52.0.2871.40 on Windaft 10 at home. 

Both acts the same.

(I have 40/10 fiber at home, and at the office it's fiber with... probably around 100/100... )

• Like 1

For me the forum has been slower for weeks already.

Posting takes longer to submit, and sometimes when I refresh it posts double.

• Like 1

The only problem I have is the delayed posting when hitting submit. All of my posts go through & I only hit it once. I'll even backtrack after hitting submit & it still takes the click.

EDIT:Systems used

Win10/Chrome

Chromebook

Android/Chrome

• Like 1

mine's been getting frozen in the "saving post" phase.  I keep thinking it's eaten my post but when I click back intot he thread, the post is there.  It's weird, but it seems to be letting me post just fine.

• Like 1

I've been having the delayed posting issue as well, but like others have mentioned, when refreshing (or opening the thread in another tab/window) the post did go through. 

This is on Chrome on the desktop (version number not available until I get home) running on Windows 7 Pro SP1, and Chrome for Android version 66.0.3359.126, running on Android 7.0.

• Like 1

was having an issue earlier but assumed it was on my end since I've had it elsewhere as well. Seems to have cleared up for now.

We are aware.  A needed security patch update occurred overnight and we are addressing things now.

• Like 9