Inarah

Forum CSS change? Search bar wackiness

I just thought Reaper was encouraging us to search the forums more. ::D: 

• Haha 3

Oh. I thought Firefox had gone wacky again.

I also have an overlapping box offering the newlsetter on my "All Activity" search page.

I also have an overlapping box offering the newlsetter on my "All Activity" search page.

I also have an overlapping box offering the newsletter on my "All Activity" search page.

• Like 3

I thought my P.C. was demonstrating another aspect of electronic senility. It is a relief to see it is not just me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And here I was going to put the blame on my ancient computer here at work. You know the one where any fixes to it are best done with Shotguns and Coffee.

• Haha 2

I noticed, still there.

Can't like the top post of a page because of that and can't read all of the top post either.

19 hours ago, EvilJames said:

Oh good. it's not just me then.

Nah. It's a security update that broke the template. And that's four hours of my life I'll never get back...

:upside:

• Sad 4

I'm only experiencing the search filter overlap while using Chrome.  It does not appear in Firefox or MS Edge.

Also doesn't appear when browsing via Chrome on my phone, though the search options in the mobile UI are in a different place.

Edit:  Seems to have gone away just after I posted this, but the entire top menu is now missing.

Edited by Clearman

Whoa, the drop down menu is gone. But the newsletter box is still on the "All Activity" page and now I don't have any menu at the top of the page, where normally I would go to click to the forum homepage or the Inspiration Gallery, or see new activity.

added: I  am using Firefox.

added: I  am using Firefox.

Yep. I'm getting ready to burn it down with fire. This version of invision board is apparently slow as heck. I've spent all day trying to tune up the back end just to make the thing run better. It's maddening -- the server isn't under any significant load, yet the forum is dragging and timing out.

I'm kicking about some solutions. You guys will figure them out sooner or later. ^_^

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

*slides over a mug of hot beverage* Take as long as you need.

And thank you for not nuking the whole thing from orbit; we like these forums. ^^;

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

*slides over a mug of hot beverage* Take as long as you need.

And thank you for not nuking the whole thing from orbit; we like these forums. ^^;

Oh no, not going to nuke the forums. Just evaluating other options than Invision. You know, in my copious amounts of spare time.

• Like 7

I ave an old PHPBB forum that I don't really use any more...   

I could set you up as an admin there so that you could play around a bit.

(As long as you don't delete any of the genuine contents)

17 hours ago, kit said:

Yep. I'm getting ready to burn it down with fire. This version of invision board is apparently slow as heck. I've spent all day trying to tune up the back end just to make the thing run better. It's maddening -- the server isn't under any significant load, yet the forum is dragging and timing out.

I'm kicking about some solutions. You guys will figure them out sooner or later. ^_^

Is it only me?

I can't upload pics anymore in my WIP, keeps telling me Upload failed.

They are the right size, never had this problem before.

• Like 1