Pochi

6th Annual Reaper Forums Large Model Challenge, Rules and Discussion (2018)

Reaper contest:

-- entries must be Reaper figures. Any 40mm or larger figure, metal or Bones, in production or OOP can be entered
-- any figure which was painted and finished in 2018 is eligible
-- figures that have won a statue level award as a ReaperCon entry are ineligible.  This includes a Sophie, Golden Maelee, etc.
-- the deadline for entries is Dec 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST
-- a diorama is defined as two or more figures on a scenic base that helps to tell a story. The diorama may have smaller figures, as long as there is one large sized Reaper figure in the entry
-- you may enter as many times as you like, but only one prize per person will be awarded
-- each entry needs to be uploaded to the appropriate thread. Please attach your entries using the forum uploading feature or hotlink from the Inspiration Gallery. We want to make sure they're visible at all times.
-- you may submit between one and four images of each Single Figure entry and up to six images for Diorama. They do not need to be stitched into a single image file.
-- you are allowed to enter miniatures that will also be entered into other contests that might overlap ours.
-- the judges or Reaper reserves the right to remove entries if deemed inappropriate, but we're pretty laid back here and this is just to cover our butts.
-- the judges and Reaper can clarify and amend rules at will.

Prizes:

Reaper has approved prizes in each category:

1st prize $50
2nd prize $30
random drawing prize $20  

If there are fewer than 8 entries in any category, only 1st prize and the random prize will be awarded. 

Image Enhancement:

-- digital enhancement ("Photoshopping") of your entry is strictly prohibited.
-- no clone brush, healing brush, airbrush, or other brush work. Fix your paint with paint, not with Photoshop.
-- no adding or removing background elements from the image
-- if you add a logo or a watermark Reaper cannot use your image in their gallery. Note that if your image is selected for the Reaper gallery, you will be credited by name under the image.
-- cropping, global color balance, and global level adjustments are allowed ("global" means "the entire image." You may not "pop" colors by only selecting some areas for level adjustment.

Non-Reaper contest:

-- entries which fit the above requirements (40mm+) or busts that were not made by Reaper can be entered here. 
-- there is no Reaper prize support for this category
-- 3rd party prize support will be determined by donations near the end of the contest.
Edited by Pochi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for taking care of the contest this year Pochi.
I have a little question. Can the non Reaper entries be a dioramas?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Thanks for taking care of the contest this year Pochi.
I have a little question. Can the non Reaper entries be a dioramas?

Interesting question. Since there is not a separate category for busts/single figures, not sure if it would matter if dioramas were included as well.

Let me look back through previous years and see if this has ever come up. Also, if people have any opinions/objections/comments on if dioramas should or should not be included in the non-Reaper category, feel free to chime in.

Update: Upon looking back through previous years' contests, I couldn't find where this particular question has been addressed. Busts were added to the non-Reaper group by forumite discussion so I say if forumites would like non-Reaper dioramas to be added to the non-Reaper group, we can do that. What does everyone think?

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Non Reaper basically covers it all, Busts, Minis and I think a diorama would be fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are work-in-progress threads required? (Allowed?)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TGP said:

Some of Ub3r's submissions last year had WIPs, didn't they? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

WIP threads are not required but are allowed.

• Like 2

I guess my blue lion bust counts then? He was started on January 11th, finished February 17th. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I guess my blue lion bust counts then? He was started on January 11th, finished February 17th. 

Yes, he counts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Yes, he counts!

Yay! I am glad. I'm not able to attend or participate in other challenges/contests due to timing, so this is quite fortuitous ^_^

• Like 1