Pochi

6th Annual Reaper Forums Large Model Challenge, Rules and Discussion (2018)

IMO, that figure does not fit with the spirit of the contest.  The challenge is to paint something really large. In the case of the figure above, half of the height is from the base and the figure itself is a standard 28mm size. 

• Like 1

He appears to be +40mm so he could be an entry for that category.  Or give him an opponent and make a diorama. 

• Like 1

For the diorama, do all figures have to be Reaper?  I have one, but the 4 horses and one of the 5 people are not Reaper.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eldamir said:

For the diorama, do all figures have to be Reaper?  I have one, but the 4 horses and one of the 5 people are not Reaper.

10 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

It should be a majority of reaper figures.. 

Yep, what SamuraiJack said. The majority are Reaper so you're fine.

Just over 6 weeks to go and we are light on entries in all categories except non-Reaper. Get your minis painted and submit your entries to the correct category!

Also, if anyone wants to donate prizes for the non-Reaper category, get in touch with me. I will be donating something (as yet to be determined!) so there will be at least a little something for prizes.

For the Reaper categories, we have wonderful prize support from Reaper! Who wouldn't like to place an order for new minis in the new year?

With the holiday season nearly upon us, don't procrastinate and get caught up in the holiday mayhem and forget to submit your entries!

• Like 3

One month to go! Any minis that you painted during the year are eligible (some exclusions listed in rules).

• Like 2

Can I submit multiple entries for a category? I have painted several very large miniatures this year...

Also, what's the process for submitting entries. I apparently am missing it...

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Can I submit multiple entries for a category? I have painted several very large miniatures this year...

From the first post:

On 5/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Pochi said:
-- you may enter as many times as you like, but only one prize per person will be awarded

This does include multiple entries in one category.

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Also, what's the process for submitting entries. I apparently am missing it...

From the first post:

On 5/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Pochi said:
-- each entry needs to be uploaded to the appropriate thread. Please attach your entries using the forum uploading feature or hotlink from the Inspiration Gallery. We want to make sure they're visible at all times.
-- you may submit between one and four images of each Single Figure entry and up to six images for Diorama. They do not need to be stitched into a single image file.

Links to the threads are in the first post and the threads are pinned to the top of the subforum page.

• Like 4

Tick tock, people! 2 weeks 'til deadline. All Reaper categories are short of the required number of entrants to receive full prize support. If you have been wondering if you should enter, the answer is YES! Any miniatures painted by you this year, are allowed to be entered (a couple restrictions are listed in the rules). You still have a little time to finish up any last minute entries if you are still painting something wonderful!

Ok, with a little over a week left, we are woefully short of entrants in all categories. ::(: In the 40-99 mm, we have 6 participants. In the 99+ and diorama categories, we only have 4. With less than 8 participants in a category, only first and drawn prizes are awarded. So, if you have been on the fence about entering, jump off that fence and submit your photos! Reaper offers generous prizes and who wouldn't want to win and place an order in the new year?

Thank you to all who have entered so far! Many beautiful and creative minis!

• Like 1

I have stirred the pot and hopefully we get more entrants.  Going to stop before the server marks me as a spambot. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4