Sergeant_Crunch

Well, they went and did it

They blocked this forum at work.

Been busy runnin' kids around, goin' out on the kayak, fixin' the house, and other things.

Hobby wise I have been using some plans I found for some 28mm platform kits and hot a little more paint on my Space Marines.

Hopefully I'll do a better job of remembering to check here in the evenings.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 14

8 minutes ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Been busy runnin' kids around, goin' out on the kayak, fixin' the house, and other things.

Hobby wise I have been using some plans I found for some 28mm platform kits and hot a little more paint on my Space Marines.

The Monsters!

How dare they deprive you of a life saving necessity!

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Ooh, was it Time Warner/spectrum? you work for?

No, I'm a contractor.

21 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Monsters!

How dare they deprive you of a life saving necessity!

I know, right?

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Happened to me about a week or two ago.  Luckily I'm not in a secure building so I can still use my phone.

• Like 4

Man, if they ever do this to me at my work, its gonna be rough. I mean, I might have to actually work throughout the entire. Who wants to do that?

And please, that is not meant as being directed at OP, I always hate it when one of my websites I like to browse suddenly hits the firewall block at work. :(

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Happened to me about a week or two ago.  Luckily I'm not in a secure building so I can still use my phone.

I can't bring mine inside... :(

43 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Man, if they ever do this to me at my work, its gonna be rough. I mean, I might have to actually work throughout the entire. Who wants to do that?

And please, that is not meant as being directed at OP, I always hate it when one of my websites I like to browse suddenly hits the firewall block at work. :(

Oh, no worries. Some of my days are busy like today and I only get to check at lunch, other days we have nothing going on.

Funny thing is, I can still get to the store...just not the forum.

• Like 3

I think I would perish of boredom if I wasn't able to use my phone at work. But then, most nights I have a solid five hour stretch of hardly anything to do.

• Sad 1

The internet on my crappy cheap-elf Tracfone is pretty much useless.

In my entire life, I have only ever had one job where I even had a computer with internet access so I could read the forums at lunch, and it only lasted four months...

Suck it up, snowflakes... ::D:::D:::D:

fC72ZO.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I always hated that. My old job would block stuff like Reaper and the Paizo forums because they were "games." But they would leave all the sports websites and forums open, and I saw people messing around with their fantasy football and fantasy hockey leagues all the time. One person was doing online poker and it wasn't blocked either.

It always seemed like I was being targeted, when I was the one who always had their work done properly and on time, who didn't call off work all the time, and who covered overtime nonstop. Eventually, because our IT guy was borderline incompetent, I started just switching the DNS address on my machine whenever my shift started and then switching it back when it ended. It worked, because he set up the filtering through the router DNS settings and didn't lock me out of the local machine settings...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Oh, no worries. Some of my days are busy like today and I only get to check at lunch, other days we have nothing going on.

Funny thing is, I can still get to the store...just not the forum.

Cool, I'm very much the same way which is what the point of my post was (i.e. mocking myself) but I also realized it could have been taken exactly the opposite way. I'm very glad that I have access to several of my preferred websites for when times are slow.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 2:24 PM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Need to petition to have it restored on the grounds that it is a Therapeutic, Mental Health resource.

GEM

35 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Need to petition to have it restored on the grounds that it is a Therapeutic, Mental Health resource.

GEM

Nah, then they might actually start keeping track of how much time I spend on it.  I like my cushy job.

(of course today was not so cushy with me curled up outboard a bunch of equipment racks soldering broken connections)

• Like 2