Recently found this very exciting page about Reaper's planned "P-65 Heavy Metal" line of lead miniatures.  

But maybe not so exciting.  The page says these will come out in "September", but there is no year listed.  So I looked closer: the quote from Asia Pulse is from 2008, and check on http://web.archive.org reveals that P-65 miniatures were listed for sale as early as 2009.  Then I found out that the page noting a release date of September has been up since at least 2010 :(.

Does anyone know anything about this line, and if there are plans to revive it?  I really enjoy metal miniatures, but I can typically only afford to buy old models on Ebay.  I adore these old Ral Partha sculpts, but I also really wish I could have more Reaper brand minis.  Also, I end up eating very few of the miniatures in my collection, so I'm not very worried about the health effects.

• Like 3

The P65 line has come and gone.

It was meant as a slightly less expensive alternative to Reapers  main metal lines as it's production costs were a bit lower due to its lead content.

It was discontinued around the time that Bones were introduced, which are an even more affordable alternative.

Many of those P65 sculpts can be found in other of Reapers metal lines as well as Bones.

I believe there are still a few that haven't been transitioned.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was a big fan of the P-65, and I'm still waiting for a few of my favorites to transition over to Bones. You can still find some caches of P-65 on Ebay if you go looking. 

• Like 1

As I recall the price of the P-65 versions weren't that much cheaper.  Bones are much more affordable and the regular pewter version is still available for those who want higher detail.  

• Like 4

Biggest minis that haven't made it out of the P65 line are the frost giants made by Tre Manor. I doubt those will ever be made again due to the new ones already in Bones now. 

• Sad 1

Which still frustrates and saddens me, because the frost giants were central to the frost giant army in Warlord and the new ones arn'e equivalent, especially since Reaper has decided to use only 5th ed sizes for forthcoming giants. Still hope though. Perhaps they could be released as "lesser" giants.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EvilJames said:

Which still frustrates and saddens me, because the frost giants were central to the frost giant army in Warlord and the new ones arn'e equivalent, especially since Reaper has decided to use only 5th ed sizes for forthcoming giants. Still hope though. Perhaps they could be released as "lesser" giants.

or perhaps Seven-Foot Dwarves?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, EvilJames said:

The new larger reaper giants are still not quite 5th ed size. This is the new (huge) frost giant queen beside a wizkids prepaint frost giant, and he would be taller if he was standing up straight like she is.

20180517_180419.thumb.jpg.b2780ee27002230517d37b6d980a8402.jpg

• Like 3