Reverend Shartan

Reaper figs with hexagon bases

13 minutes ago, Reverend Shartan said:

No...they are all metal. That's why I'm guessing they are from a few years ago. 

Reverend Shartan

1 hour ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Of the Reaper figs on these bases, these 2 are the ones that I can't identify (yet).

Not my paintjob, btw :)

reaper hexagon minis.jpg

The first one is this one.

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/harbinger/latest/02804

image.png.cdfc09b92ce980ad4cd9ee925c0cb3a3.png

It's a Dark Heaven Legends mini and I don't think these were ever based like that.

It seems someone has embedded the original base in these.

And this is nr two

https://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/02308

image.png.084e29c3f0d330789612acb93a6e3084.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3

Thanks, Glitterwolf :)

I received this figs based this way.....all of the other ones are also on the same type of metal base, with the same theme for flocking. I'll remove the flock from the harbringer, and see if the fig has just been attached to the base.

Reverend Shartan

• Like 2

The 2nd one appears to be

02308: Hurin of Anhur

I have heard of some collectors soldering metal mins to metal bases. Or using JB weld for the same purpose. Maybe that's what was done to these?

• Like 2

Ok this makes sense now. Those guys never came with those bases. They've just been put on them, so there is sadly no list that will help you. However, as you can see, putting up a pic here can get them Id'ed pretty quick. Best of luck.

• Like 1

I can't really tell from the picture, but do the sides of the bases have a pattern on them to make them look like cobblestones?

They might be metal bases that Reaper used to sell, but I can't find them in their store now.

• Like 2

No, there isn't any pattern on the outside of the bases. I'll scratch away at the "flocking" and see what I can do about removing the figs from the bases. When I'm done, I'll post pics of the figs and bases separately.

Reverend Shartan

Just soak them in simple green to take off the paint and dissolve the glue.  If you want to keep the paint, pry the broccoli base apart from the hex with a flat screwdriver.

Yeah...as I stated in an earlier post, these are NOT my paint jobs. I'll soak them in Simple Green for awhile, and see what I can do about removing them from the bases. I don't like hex bases in the first place.

Reverend Shartan

• Like 1