Reverend Shartan

Reaper figs with hexagon bases

As the title states.....I have a bunch of metal Reaper figs that are on metal hexagon bases. Is there a list somewhere of all of these figs? I want to compare the list to what I have.

Also, what is the best way to remove the figs from the bases? I am looking to re-base them to something different.

Thanks in advance.

Reverend Shartan

Edited by Reverend Shartan
Fixed title, and other descriptors

Octagon? I think those are for CAV minis. I don't think anything else comes with them normally.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reverend Shartan said:

As the title states.....I have a bunch of metal Reaper figs that are on metal octagon bases. Is there a list somewhere of all of these figs? I want to compare the list to what I have.

Thanks in advance.

Reverend Shartan

I thinbk these are from the CAV series:

https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/CAV:StrikeOperations

I think you mean Hexagon bases, not octagon. The difference is only 2 sides, but still... 

(Hexagon = six sided, Octagon = 8 sided)

If the minis and bases are metal, you could try boiling them in order to destroy the glue.  

Only the CAV figures came with hex bases.  That link Glitterwolf posted takes you to the store, where they are listed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

You likely need a jeweler's saw, if they come attached. You would use the saw to carefully saw between the minis and the base.

Yep - brace the figure solidly, and almost exclusively use up-down sawing motions with NO TWIST. Twist is how you break the blade. It is very easy to break the blade of a jeweler's saw. 

• Like 1

I've seen people have to have pieces of the blade removed from their fingers/hand when the blade breaks on the downstroke.

9 hours ago, K2h2m3 said:

I've seen people have to have pieces of the blade removed from their fingers/hand when the blade breaks on the downstroke.

Never saw that in silversmithing class. Did have people cut themselves for a stroke, trim fingernails, and kinda zap themselves as the blade broke. Shouldn't be using it vigorously. Just an up-down-up-down steadily, with very little pressure. It is possible to make a turn, but can be difficult. Learning to make a curved cut with the saw caused many broken blades. Heck, just stringing up the blade to get the right tightness on it caused trouble until we got it! 

I guess I still don't understand what you mean then. The CAV figs are the ones that come with hexagon bases. The Cav minis aren't metal anymore but your metal ones should all have bones equivalents for comparative list purposes. There was a second Kickstarter for more so if you have any metal without a bones equivalent then you should probably check the Kickstarter page. so I guess there isn't currently a singular complete list at this moment.

If it's not CAV minis you have, then I might need a picture to understand.

• Like 1

What do these minis look like? Can you post or link to pictures? I would not start sawing on them until they get identified.

• Like 3

yeah pics would help - if they have the tab that goes into the base, it's not necessarily easy to remove, if they're simply glued on, you can drop them in simple green for a while to help loosen the bond. Also, once they're dry, you might stick them in the freezer for a short period of time, to help the superglue become brittle. Only because they're metal do I suggest this! It can also make plastic and resin brittle. Let them warm up again before you do anything with them, but it should help.

However, post pics first, as there'll be plenty of people here who can give you detailed advice depending what the pictures show :)

• Like 1