Mckenna35

Scenic Grass Tufts and Flowers Kickstarter

On 5/16/2018 at 7:04 PM, redambrosia said:

I pledged for one as well... because I want them all, but can only afford one.

Same story here, just put my pledge in for one, all I can afford at the moment. Probably flowers.

• Like 2

You pledge for the amount you want, but it appears that you select which ones after the KS is complete. 

• Like 1

I want to get the entire flower pack...but with how little basing I've done thus far, it's hard to excuse spending that much.

And I looked again...now I want all the things...

...I think I need to start basing things and see how it goes.

• Like 5

These look wonderful.  But at only a $2 savings over retail I can limit myself to a few to try out.

• Like 1

Ah yes I was in the mood to paint up some chaos marines.  Flowers for the flower god!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Harrek said:

These look wonderful.  But at only a $2 savings over retail I can limit myself to a few to try out.

But if you buy 4 packs that's like buying 3 and getting 1 free at retail ::D:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

But if you buy 4 packs that's like buying 3 and getting 1 free at retail ::D:

Yep, four was kinda what I was looking at to get a sample and have different ones from my current.

• Like 1

Upped my soloist pledge to two sets, so I can get one flowers and one debris green grass tuft. Excited for these. I saw some HO size items at hobby lobby and they were 9.99 for 30. so this is definitely worth it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Upped my soloist pledge to two sets, so I can get one flowers and one debris green grass tuft. Excited for these. I saw some HO size items at hobby lobby and they were 9.99 for 30. so this is definitely worth it.

We must've been on the same wavelength. I also upped my pledge to add a debris tuft. Went with the Burned Debris Tuft. I like the little white dead branch looking thingies. I wonder what they used for those dead sticks. 

1417043991_BurnedDebrisTufts.png.c20de95e3505caebc08d37b367cffd1b.png

• Like 1

Got at least a minimal pledge in since I want to at least try these out.  We'll see if I break down and add enough for another set, but I sure don't need the full set.  

• Like 2

I'm tossing up whether to back this or not. How good is the value on this Kickstarter compared to just buying some grass tufts currently available to buy?

I've had a bit of a look at prices and options online, but this stuff is still very new to me, so I'm unsure as to what a good price is.

Speaking as a Canadian who is affected by the exchange rate and higher postage fees, Id have to say that the appeal here is not in a great value on pricing, but rather the variety of tufts on offer.

Especially in the coloured flower tufts. 

• Like 3

The flower tufts look like something unique.  secret weapon and Scenics Express both offer pretty good tufts for grasses, about the same prices, no waiting.  However, the flowers shown here are much nicer and have better convenience and randomness than anything i have seen anywhere else.  I will have to look into picking up some of these at retail when everyone gets a good look at them.

• Like 2