Mckenna35

Scenic Grass Tufts and Flowers Kickstarter

3 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

I'm tossing up whether to back this or not. How good is the value on this Kickstarter compared to just buying some grass tufts currently available to buy?

I've had a bit of a look at prices and options online, but this stuff is still very new to me, so I'm unsure as to what a good price is.

Like others have said, the value is just a little better than other tufts on the market, although the packs here come with 150 grass tufts per grass pack, 100 flower tufts per flower pack, and 100 debris tufts per debris pack. That's a lot per pack. The main attraction here is mostly about having something a bit different than other brands. The flower tufts aren't as packed with flowers, which give a different look. Quite natural compared to others that are completely covered on top of the grass. I also haven't seen debris tufts like these around. I only went in for a few. Three mixed flowers and one debris.

1x Spring Mix Flowers
 1x Cool Mix Flowers
 1x Warm Mix Flowers
 1x Burned Debris Tufts

• Like 3

And done. I upped my pledge at the last minute to add a pack of the frosty irregular tufts. I don't have any irregular tufts other than the tiny ones I make myself. They don't look anything like these though. Figured I might as well try one of them out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

And done. I upped my pledge at the last minute to add a pack of the frosty irregular tufts. I don't have any irregular tufts other than the tiny ones I make myself. They don't look anything like these though. Figured I might as well try one of them out. 

They mentioned that when the surveys are sent out, you can add additional funds in backerit if you want more:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

They mentioned that when the surveys are sent out, you can add additional funds in backerit if you want more:)

That might hurt my wallet later...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

And if you are gonna pledge, you have like 15 minutes left!

I ended up backing for 2 packs. I figured that bought me some more time to make a decision on what ones to get. Plus I can add more via the Backerkit if I decide I want more than 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

True, but after taking a closer look at those irregular grass clumps I decided, what the heck. Might as well give one a go before I forget. ::P:

16 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

True, but after taking a closer look at those irregular grass clumps I decided, what the heck. Might as well give one a go before I forget. ::P:

Well you still have to use the pledge manager and resist adding more!

50 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Well you still have to use the pledge manager and resist adding more!

::o: Oh no, I'm DOOMED! 

• Haha 1

And apparently there won't be any late pledges.  But backers can add whatever they want in the PM.

• Like 4

Couldn't make up my mind, so I went all  in.  Good news is I shouldn't have to buy any more tufts for a while!  Bad news is the smoking hole where my CC used to be! ::D::devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just got my backerit survey, I chose :

Warm mix flowers x1

Fertile Debris Tufts x1

The lockdown is July 1st, so I would assume we'll see these sometime in mid July.

• Like 3

I went with the spring flower mix. I hope this group does well, the tufts look great! 

• Like 3

I chose:

Spring Mix Flowers x1

Peach Flowers x1

White Flowers x1

Magenta Flowers x1

I thought about adding the black flowers but not sure how much I would use them so I might pick them up at retail later.

• Like 1

I ended up getting:

1x Spring Mix Flowers
1x Cool Mix Flowers
1x Warm Mix Flowers
1x Burned Debris Tufts
1x Muddy Irregular Tufts

• Like 1