Mckenna35

Scenic Grass Tufts and Flowers Kickstarter

On 6/1/2018 at 12:41 AM, Talae said:

Alright you guys win. I went for all of these plus the Muddy Debris Tufts.

Now that's rolling a 7 on a d6!  

On 6/1/2018 at 12:59 AM, Talae said:

P.S. 

My wallet hates all of you. No hard feeling, though.

The hating will continue right up until you start using them.  Mine at from other companies but tufts are one of the best scenery ideas ever!  Trying to do that with static grass is painful and messy.  I hope these turn out well and I will see them at retail.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TheMandolin said:

I really intended to get some grass tufts, or irregular tufts but I ended up getting all flowers. 

I'm not certain, but you can snip off the flowers and still use the grass if you want. 

DH wanted yellow flowers and mossy irregular, and I picked spring mix and muddy tufts.  With the dry grass from a different vendor, and summer static grass I think we have a pretty good mix of choices now. 

• Like 2

I went for the Spring Mix, Warm mix, Black flowers, Purple flowers. 

Can't say that I've ever seen black flowers from anyone else. 

And purple because you can never have too much purple... 

• Like 5

On 5/31/2018 at 2:18 PM, Talae said:

Got my email, but can't decide at the moment. I may have to wait to choose.

So far leaning towards one of the following:

• Mossy Irregular Tufts
  • Spring Flower Mix
  • Cool Flower Mix
  • Warm Flower Mix

I only pledged for one, so this is going to be tough.

I'm going to add one or two more, but i need to wait until mid month. I'm glad the backer kit doesn't close until July.

• Like 1

If I'd have known there was a BackerKit one could add more to I would have found a way to get in at even just the basic pledge, doubly so with it being an early July close.  Oh well, means waiting for retail.  I'll live ^_^

• Like 1

I ended up with Burnt Debris tufts (for western models), Black Flowers (for my Jutes horde), Mossy tufts, and Warm Mix flowers.  Have a feeling that I'll need many more when these hit retail.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I ended up with Burnt Debris tufts (for western models), Black Flowers (for my Jutes horde), Mossy tufts, and Warm Mix flowers.  Have a feeling that I'll need many more when these hit retail.

About my thoughts too, but I can wait until then with my single pack of flowers. If I have a figure that goes "ooooh these would be perfect!" I know the option is there. 

• Like 3

In response to a question asked on the last update, they're currently looking at beginning fulfillment in August.  Couple months past the projected delivery date, but I think they got taken by surprise with how popular this ended up being.  They've also show pictures in the updates of the production versions of the flowers (which is all they've been making so far).

• Like 3

Aww snap. Mine may or may not be arriving in Oregon to my mom's place before I take my stuff from her garage to the great north. Eh, if so, no big deal. But I hope they get there before the 14th!! 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Aww snap. Mine may or may not be arriving in Oregon to my mom's place before I take my stuff from her garage to the great north. Eh, if so, no big deal. But I hope they get there before the 14th!! 

Well I am in California and mine says the 10th, so chances are good you'll get them around the same time:)

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      I've been a fan of this comic for nearly a decade now... And now its finally going to end up in my bookshelf!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/novil/sandra-and-woo-10-years-anthology-art-book/description

About
      10 years! Over 1000 comics! One book! ... No, wait, two books!! (+ art prints) And I’m super happy with how they turned out!
      Update [11 November 2018] International shipping of the books is now available!! Scroll down to the chapter “International Shipping” for all the details!
      Sandra and Woo readers have been asking me for a printed version for years. Now, it’s finally here, the Sandra and Woo: 10 Years anthology! It collects all 1031 comics that have been published so far. Check out the following infographic for all of its features:
      I guess that almost all visitors of this page are familiar with Sandra and Woo. If not, here is a short introduction to the comic strip:
      Sandra and Woo is a comedy webcomic about love, food, raccoons and other important stuff. Written by Oliver Knörzer (“Novil”) and drawn by Puri Andini (“Powree”), it mostly consists of short story arcs about the adventures of middle-schooler Sandra North, her talking raccoon, Woo, and their friends. You can see some of our best comics on the following pages: [1], [2], [3], [4]. Here you can see six sample pages from the anthology (pages 19, 184, 265, 334, 444, and 547):
      6 sample pages from "Sandra and Woo: 10 Years" I carefully selected sketches and illustrations by Powree to fill the “holes” in the layout left by the irregular sizes of many comics. The anthology features a preface about the history of Sandra and Woo. Many of the comments below the comics include web links for further reading. Our editor Chris made sure that the English text contains no errors.
        But that’s not all! I also decided to publish an art book that collects illustrations of Sandra and Woo characters drawn by Powree and 50 other artists, The Art of Sandra and Woo. Most of the artwork by other artists was drawn as commissions or as entries for our yearly fanart contests. Check out the following infographic for the features of the art book:
      Here you can see six sample pages from the art book:
      6 sample pages from "The Art of Sandra and Woo" Powree and Fredy Siloy are currently coloring over a dozen drawings for the art book that have only been available in black and white until now. A few drawings will stay in black and white because they look better this way. I carefully arranged all illustrations so that all adjacent pages have a common theme, art style or particularly pleasing color scheme. All featured artists are listed in the preface. They will receive a fair share of the profits of the art book which they agreed to beforehand.
        The special editions of the books come with a sketch in form of a stencil, a good fit regarding the graffiti theme of the cover. For this, I will use undiluted high-quality acrylic paint and apply it to the interior side of the cover page with a sponge brush.
      Beneath the stencil, I will add my signature and my favorite catchphrase from the comic: “Freedom! Justice! Cookies!”
      Hand-made stencil inside the special editions Several reward tiers include the PDFs of the books. The PDFs will be DRM free. The resolution in each dimension will be half of the resolution of the original PDFs used for printing. As a little goodie, I will also include the PDF of our first book that was published in 2009, Sandra and Woo 1: The Woo.

If you not only want to put Sandra and Woo into your bookshelf, but also on your wall, you can get a set of art prints (mini posters). The art prints are 17 x 11 in (43 x 28 cm) large and UV coated.
      The set of 5 art prints contains the following ones:
      The set of 11 art prints contains the ones above plus the following ones:
      All books and art prints will be printed by Ka-Blam, a print-on-demand comic book print shop. Over the years, they have shipped over 150,000 orders and printed more than 3 million comic books.
      I’ve received sample copies of the anthology and the art book and I’m very pleased with the print quality! I’m particularly fond of the black and white line art of the comics. The lines are sharp, have the correct thickness and no aliasing effects. In addition, the paper is thick and has a pleasant, slightly shiny, white color.
      Before receiving the sample copies, I was concerned about the binding of the 550 page omnibus. But the binding also makes a very solid impression. Therefore, I saw no need to publish the anthology in two volumes.
      My sample copy of the anthology Ka-Blam will also be responsible for shipping all orders. I’m sure they can do it much faster and better than I could. The anthology and the art book will be ready to be printed before the end of this Kickstarter campaign! If all goes well, Ka-Blam should be able to ship the first books just a few days after the end of this Kickstarter campaign.
      Note that the covers for the special editions first have to be sent to me so that I can add the sketch and signature. After that, I have to send the covers back to Ka-Blam. Since Ka-Blam is located in the United States and I’m located in Germany, this will add at least a month to the total fulfillment time. If fast delivery is your top priority, you should rather get the standard editions of the books.
      Why does the campaign last longer than the usual 30 days?
      The weeks before Christmas are always very hectic. Ending my first Kickstarter campaign right during the most stressful time of the year just didn’t sound like a good idea. I wouldn’t have been able to promise a delivery in December anyway.

International shipping outside the U.S. is available for the books as well! These books won’t be printed by Ka-Blam, though. Instead, they will be printed by the well-known German print shop Wir-machen-Druck.de. They will then be sent to the backers by the German fulfillment agency Aimplify.com. The shipping costs of all reward levels are:
      Germany: 5€ (~ $6) European Union: 10€ (~ $11) Other countries: 15 € (~ $17) In comparison, sending the books from the U.S would have cost 46€ (~ $53)!
      The art prints are not available for international shipping since Wir-machen-Druck.de doesn’t offer this product category.

The profits (after all expenses for printing, shipping, etc.) will be used in the following order:
      Pay the shares of the artists featured in the art book. Pay Powree for her work on Sandra and Woo and Gaia. Increase the prize money for the upcoming massive Sandra and Woo 10 Years Artwork Contest! Risks and challenges
      Since the books are ready to be printed and Ka-Blam is an experienced comic book publisher, the risks involved in this project are very low. I currently see the following risks:
      • There’s currently no backup plan for the worst-case scenario of Ka-Blam’s printing plant burning down (or Ka-Blam going bankrupt). In this improbable case, I would look for alternative printing companies located in the United States that could fulfill the Kickstarter campaign.
      • I don’t know yet how sturdy the plastic piece used for the stencil is. If it breaks (multiple times), this will lead to a delay of the special editions.
      • I’ll go on a month-long vacation to Japan from the mid of March 2019 to the mid of April 2019. In case we get a very large amount of orders for the special editions, this could lead to a further delay.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-tales-of-dungeons-and-doggies/description

So you have seen the minis but what about the rules doc? Well, here is just one example of the art quality thanks to the incredible talents of April Prime! Amazingly, this is still work in progress, but she is working on art for every dog and a few bonus pieces as well....hmmm..maybe art prints should be available...

Here's a small piece of Dungeons and Doggies fiction to enjoy! Every mini will have an associated 'icon character' pre generated in the rules pack,and for the Cleric role we have Cerysse, gentle but determined protector of her friends. Many thanks to Kate, our writer, for providing this and many other story pieces for the project! We will follow up with a rules preview for the Companion Domain soon!
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project

Time of Legends: Joan of Arc is a narrative miniatures board game that plunges you into the heart of the Hundred Years’ War. In this dark, medieval universe, kings plot for the throne of France, and on the battlefield their heroic knights clash with foes both real and legendary.
      For more than a century, from 1337 to 1453, the fields of France rang to the sound of constant warfare. The Hundred Years’ War is one of the longest wars ever fought and is the source of many of our collective ideas about heroic knights of old. It was also a time of myths and legends, and a fervent faith in the literal truth of the doctrine of Holy Mother Church. It is this world of strife and faith that this game recreates.
      In Time of Legends: Joan of Arc, all the creatures that the medieval people thought were real, are real. Whether they are represented on tapestries, in stained glass windows, or in illuminated manuscripts, we take them at their word. It is this dark and epic universe that you will explore in the game’s many scenarios. Some are historical, with no taint of the whispered legends of strange creatures. Others are replete with the supernatural or (saints preserve us) demonic.
      You are free to control the army of miniatures that represent your heroes, knights and peasants as you wish in order to achieve your goals. You will decide who moves and where; whether your forces explore, pray, converse with locals, or simply charge into battle. But before we get to the field of glory, you must first choose your side.

Joan Of Arc, Bertrand Du Guesclin, La Hire, Gilles de Rais & Jean de Dunois (miniatures are supplied assembled and unpainted)  The French have a very large army whose leaders follow the code of chivalry to the letter. These noble knights form the main striking force of the army, with their infantry taking a subservient role. The French employ few archers, but do hire efficient crossbowmen to fight alongside their men-at-arms. All these warriors fight on behalf of the King of France, who sees the war as a chance to reclaim lands lost to the English under earlier monarchs.
      The Black Prince, Falstaff, John Talbot, John Chandos & John of Lancaster (note that minis come assembled and unpainted) The English king considers himself the legitimate heir to the throne of France, and there is some truth in this. In fact, he only failed to gain the crown because the French changed the rule of royal succession to stop him.
      The English army, though considerably less numerous than the French, are formidable combatants, who often have the best strategists. Their longbowmen wreak havoc on the battlefield, and have repeatedly bested the cream of French chivalry in battle. This is a slight that the French knights are determined to avenge.
      Archange Gabriel, the Unicorn & Angel (note that minis come assembled and unpainted) The army of God is made up of powerful, heavenly beings like the angels and archangels. They fight their righteous battles alongside the lesser creatures of God, and the weary mortals who struggle with sin, but are devoted to their creator.
      The Holy Army can be played independently, or allied with the French, or the English.
      The Witch, the Werewolf & the Ghost Warrior (note that minis come assembled and unpainted) The Devil’s army is made up of all sorts of foul creatures: werewolves, demons, skeletons, dragons, witches, and many more. Countless fallen mortals march alongside this monstrous host, having cast aside their God and sold their souls for mere wealth or power. It is rumoured that in this dark time, when the End of Days has never seemed so close, even the Devil himself may make an appearance...
      The Unholy Army can be played independently, or allied with the French, or the English.
    • By NecroMancer
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2036377947/samael-the-raven-demon-dark-whisper-the-chronicles/description

I would say this is a dream; in particular, it’s a project born 3 years ago, initially as a role-playing game (written and played successfully) but now the most important characters in this setting will come to life for collectors and painters. Every month a new story will come out and it will tell the events in this world and the Background of the various characters.
      I want to create a series of high quality models with a thrilling story telling that is constantly evolving.
      The Dark Whispers project includes a total of 8 characters, the first of these is Samael, The Raven Demon.

• By ladystorm
      In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.
      This is the thread for conversations, enthusiasm, and commentary.   
      This thread will be lightly moderated to ensure forum rules are followed and specific questions may be relocated to the Official Information thread.

Link to project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 5 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)