Hey guys. I'm back after having my wisdom teeth removed :/ nasty surgery had to have some recovery. But I started painting again and I was wondering; am I getting speckling here? It used to be really bad but I diluted down a touch and I think it's better. Could use some help.

IMG_20180516_131653.jpg

IMG_20180516_131746.jpg

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Does look a little speckled, how far away was the airbrush? may need to get closer?

I was pretty close and I didn't want it too focused, like when you're super close. Would turning up the pressure help?

Things to try would be turning the pressure up, turning it down, thinning the paint more, thinning the paint with something different.

• Thanks 1

what type of brush are you using?

With my Grex and Iwata, I try to spray at around 5psi....

also what is your air source?

Do you have a moisture trap?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, knarthex said:

what type of brush are you using?

With my Grex and Iwata, I try to spray at around 5psi....

also what is your air source?

Do you have a moisture trap?

My brush is a Paasche TG-3F Double action, wow I've never tried that low. Lowest I've gone is like 10-12. Air source is the compressor that came with it. I don't have a moisture trap, is it necessary? It's not very humid where I live. EDIT: Just realized you meant on the compressor. Yes, it came with it. It was a package deal designed for airbrushes.

Edited by ThirstyBob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now