Sign in to follow this  
EvilJames

Ral Partha AD&D Classic: Taer

I have been busy painting these past months, but I have not been taking pictures and posting much, and these guys are to blame for that.

I started them up many many years ago, but never could come up with a good paint scheme. My Monstrous Manual didn't have any pictures let alone a decent description, and the older pictures were all line art or black & white. Finally earlier this year I took a look at them again and was able to find 3rd ed pictures and descriptions and while very different than the old school versions it at least gave me a starting point. I could have just done them up in any ld color and been happy, but no color scheme really stood out to me, so "traditional" it is. their fur ended up not being as white as I would have liked and it doesn't help that it's hard to tell if something is supposed to be furred or bare blue skin, but  Ithink it's more or less ok now.

Now the reason I haven't posted was because for a while now I have just not been able to take miniature photos I'm at all happy with and these guys were the worst for it since they are mostly blue and white so it was hard to get a picture where their eyes (which I spent quite a bit of time on) even remotely stood out. Even now I'm not completely happy with the pictures, but like the minis I guess I just have to learn when it's just good enough.

So without any further ado

Taer

706653203_TaerFist.thumb.jpg.7bace26e038faf50469cacb91a4a3101.jpg

This one got panted black with grey dry brushing for a while, but it just didn't seem like enough.

837655916_Taerrock.thumb.jpg.8b9bd3b9d8e4bec858a4f679625c874e.jpg

This one was the worst to photograph as his rock kept casting shadows on his face. i like how the rock turned out at least.

1987363441_TaerSpear.thumb.jpg.a2f9b77c2c09980498cc60fb2c6bc88e.jpg

This one spent the last decade solid grey. ::(:

I wish I could have done more to make the eyes stand out, but my hand is not very steady so it either works or it doesn't.

854956176_Taergroup.thumb.jpg.a9ab0685330b222b2ab79fa550a9c3ad.jpg

The team together. Ready to fight off adventurers and keep them from invading their snowy mountaintop dungeon complex

Really turned down the settings on this picture because even the previous pictures look too washed out now that I've got them cropped down.

Comments? Critiques? Photography advice? Business ventures for for young Taer seeking promising careers with advancement opportunities?

Edit: Gah! Blown up the first 3 photos  look even worse now. I may retake them and replace them at some point, if I can ever pin down whats going wrong. in the last photo I turned off the auto settings on my phone and set them manually, but it was all guess work since literally none of the buttons and symbols mean anything to me.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 11